X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installs but no Network

Hi all.....

I have downloaded and installed both CloudLinux-DVD-x86_64-7.9.iso and

one of the Ver 8s ... and got the same problem with both. That is the install runs fine and I can SSH to it OK but I appear to have no network connection. Any type of update or access to repository fails.

What are the commands to check the network interface (eth0) and what command to run the config and/or the file that should hold the network information.

Hope that is clear ??

Regards,

Owen

Howdy Owen,

Welcome to Version8! There are some differences that Im sure you have noticed, youre going to need an optional network-scripts package and I recommend you start getting cozy with nmcli.

The network scripts are not available by default in V8 There is a new version of ifup & ifdown being used which would need the NetworkManager daemon to be running and uses "nmcli" in the back-end. You can also use the ip commands.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the reply..... yes I manually managed to get it to work using the ipconfig commands... plus had to set the default gateway etc...

I cant get NetworkManager to load at the moment :-(

Oh... and I am on V7 at the moment... and will probably need to stick with it.

More help required :-(

Thanks.

Owen

Comment

Working...
      X