Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Website master needs help with Memory Usage Limit being exceeded.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website master needs help with Memory Usage Limit being exceeded.

Id like to diagnose my websites higher memory usage problem. A log file of webpage memory usage would be useful.

Hi Newbie here.

I have an account with a reseller host and fr om the looks of my cPanel pages, cPanel has a Memory Usage Limit feature provided by your (CloudLinux) plug in to cPanel.

I have tracked you down fr om this page on the cPanel website.

This is a screen shot of cPanel - Resource Usage showing the memory faults being generated with a MEMORY Limit / LMEM of 700 MB.

Now, I have pointed out to the reseller and he in turn has contact his ISP hosting package provider quoting fr om that page and commenting as follows.

My emphasis of 1GB or 1024MB presumably, which is significantly more than they had me on initially - 500MB and still more than I am on now 700MB. Seems to me there is evidence for saying - "at least give my users the default of 1024MB."

There I would suggest approaching the ISP with the argument that my site ought to be allowed to burst a bit higher as my site isn causing problems for the server. Try asking them for my site only for twice the default of 2GB or 2048MB for MEM Limit / LMEM

After all it is only virtual memory that they are limiting. It seems pointless to wreck a website just to save virtual memory. [/quote]

The above is by way of explaining my background.

Now meantime, Id like to investigate and diagnose exactly where my website is using more memory compared to other sites.

I have an idea of which page is causing my problem - I have a webpage with IFRAMES and both the webpage and the IFRAME pages are PHP pages and the PHP also uses a MySQL database so I think the memory usage coming fr om php or mysql but Id like to be sure.

Id like to know for each page served how much additional memory usage has been added to the total.

If I know how much memory each page service has used then I can see when I make a change if the memory usage goes down and by how much.

So I am thinking I would like to have a log file showing how much memory has been used by each page served and I am looking for help to write the software to write such a log file (since no such log file is provided in the system).

Unfortunately the only data available for memory used in cPanel is over a period of time and that could be many pages served by many visitors to the site. It is not sufficient information to diagnose how much memory is being used by each PHP page on each occasion.

I am thinking I would like a log file something quite like the cPanel Raw Access Log file but with data items such as
    • Visitor IP
      Date and time page served
      Page URL
      Memory used in serving this page :?:

Now I know how to write a log file fr om php but I don know how to access the data for memory used for that page.

So since CloudLinux adds up the running total for Memory Usage value the CloudLinux programmers must know how to access this data and can perhaps suggest a way for me to access the values they are using.

It is not sufficient to access how much memory PHP alone is using, nor how much memory mysql alone is using. I need to know the exact value that is being added to the total by the plugin.

So can anyone here help me with programming this?

I have tried finding this memory usage problem "flying blind". I have tried using directory php.ini files to lim it PHP configuration memory_lim it but that has not solved the problem and Id like some programmer tips to help me find out wh ere the memory usage is coming from please.

Thanks!

Also I would like to point out that this forum is behaving strangely and adding unwanted spaces in between words which I am not typing.

Comment

I have perused your article, it is exceptionally instructive and supportive for me.I respect the important data you offer in your articles. A debt of gratitude is in order for posting it.

Comment

Working...
      X