Change from Data Center license to my own license

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change from Data Center license to my own license

I am currently paying our data center for our CloudLinux license. It would be half the price for me to use my own license.

What is the best and safest process to remove the Data Center provided license, and to install my own Cloud Linux license?

- Scott

You simply register a server with new license and it start working. You

If we are talking about key-based license:

Code:
    /usr/sbin/rhnreg_ks --activationkey=<activation key> --force
    And for IP based license:

Code:
    /usr/sbin/clnreg_ks --force
    After that you simply disable DataCenter license from their billing place you use.

Comment

Thanks, Bogdan! Can you tell me how I can tell if I am currently using key-based or IP-based license?

- Scott

Comment

Still looking for the answer to this question.

Comment

Actually, it doesn matter if you are using a key-based or IP license, once you register your server ....you are ok.

Comment

Check https://cln.cloudlinux.com/clweb/pub...e-lookup.xhtml , if you find server IP there then you use IP based. Otherwise - key based.

But yes, I agree with Manos, it doesn matter what type you use. You can switch to other time re-registering server.

Comment

Thanks Manos and Bogdan!

P.S. Bogdan: I met Igor in Chicago last week and I told him what a great job you are doing here in the forums. Thank you for all that you do!!

- Scott

Comment

Ah, that was you ! Igor told me.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X