How I can set UI user password?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How I can set UI user password?

I have installed the standalone and I can't understand what is my password for the UI panel. In the integration.conf I have added following

[paths]
    ui_path = /home/user/imunify360
    ui_owner = user:user

[pam]
    service_name = system-auth

[malware]
    basedir = /home
    pattern_to_watch = ^/home/user/.+?/(public_html|public_ftp|private_html)(/.*)?$

[web_server]
    server_type = nginx
    graceful_restart_script = /usr/sbin/nginx -s reload
    modsec_audit_log = /var/log/nginx/modsec_audit_log
    #modsec_audit_logdir = /opt/modsecurity/var/audit

Do I need to add a user/password here?

Hi,

Have you tried root and password for it? You may also try to generate a one-time auth link using guide from this article.

Comment

Originally posted by bogdan.sh View Post
      Hi,

Have you tried root and password for it? You may also try to generate a one-time auth link using guide from this article.
      Hi, I am not using root password, using only the key and yes I am using one-time auth link but it is not a proper solution. There is no other way to set a password?

Comment

No help from forum?

Comment

Hello mi2,

I hope you are doing well.

According to this the default authentication method (command) of IM360 is login-pam (system-auth). A method that's being used in order to check the provided credentials and returns a token for USERNAME if PASSWORD is correct.

That being said, on the stand-alone version we can either pass the list of administrators through the integration script or use root. But in both cases, the system passwords will be used for authorization.

Indicatively,​

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot(2).png
Views:	213
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	39126

The possibility of setting hardcoded​ random credentials inside the configuration while expecting them to work, is not, currently, an option. As for that i would suggest reading this article.

Kind Regards,

Comment

Working...
          X