Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• imunify freezing? requires daily restart + support staff use an unknown IP

Hello,

Ive been using a paid version of imunify for more than two weeks now that covers all the websites on my server, and thats after my 1 month of a trial period. I also have a Bruteforce Attack monitor on some of the websites on my server that shows the time & IP of the attack.

During my time with imunify, Ive noticed that it stops for no obvious reason (no, it was running as a service and it continuous to run after exiting SSH for a day or two), and I need to restart the service manually every 1-2 days. Also, my Bruteforce Attack monitor is proof that imunify is not working since the IPs dont get blocked or reported on the incidents list, and this is not just an incident reporting issue since the Bruteforce Attack monitor shows the number & time of the attempts that were not blocked by imunify which coincides with the daily imunify "black-outs".

Ive contacted support previously regarding this issue, and provided them with the credentials to access my server after providing them with the results of some commands, but they accessed my server from an unlisted IP address which is different from the ones that they should be using. It might be another legitimate IP they use, but its not the ones they provided me and its not one of the IPs displayed on your website for support staff use. They were honest about accessing it from that IP after confronting them about it, but provided no explanation of why they used it instead of ones they provided me in the first place. It looked shady to me and I chose to block that IP address and changed the credentials.

Im not looking for a solution right now since Im restarting the service almost daily myself, and since Im not considering providing your support staff with my servers credentials again. I just thought to report the problem here and see if others experience it, and hopefully the development guys figure out the cause and a solution for it in future releases.

Regards.

Z.A.
Working...
X