Massive /var/log/imunify360/captcha.log file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massive /var/log/imunify360/captcha.log file

On several of my servers the /var/log/imunify360/captcha.log file has grown absolutely massive, even up to 170GB on one server after having only installed Imunify a week ago on the server.

The log was being flooded with errors like:

ERROR [2017-05-19 22:41:59,650]: socket.accept() out of system resource
    socket: <socket.socket fd=8, family=AddressFamily.AF_INET, type=2049, proto=6, laddr=(0.0.0.0, 52225)>
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/opt/alt/python35/lib64/python3.5/asyncio/selector_events.py", line 179, in _accept_connection
    conn, addr = sock.accept()
    File "/opt/alt/python35/lib64/python3.5/socket.py", line 195, in accept
    OSError: [Errno 24] Too many open files

I have deleted and recreated /var/log/imunify360/captcha.log and did a "systemctl restart imunify360; systemctl restart imunify360-captcha" and the log is now returning normal entries, but this definitely appears to be an issue to investigate as it could quickly fill up a server.

I see that log rotation for the captcha.log file has been implemented in the 2.2-18 release, however the source of the problem of the log file growing so large so quickly has not been resolved.

I am referring to these errors which begin to rapidly flood the log when an issue arises:

OSError: [Errno 24] Too many open files
    ERROR [2017-06-02 10:40:24,558]: socket.accept() out of system resource
    socket: <socket.socket fd=16, family=AddressFamily.AF_INET, type=2049, proto=6, laddr=(0.0.0.0, 52226)>
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/opt/alt/python35/lib64/python3.5/asyncio/selector_events.py", line 179, in _accept_connection
    File "/opt/alt/python35/lib64/python3.5/socket.py", line 195, in accept

I am experiencing this more frequently since updating to 2.2-18 than the previous version across all of my servers with Imunify360 installed.

Comment

Weve encountered a similar problem on 2.2-30 where the captcha process was writing logs endlessly. The captcha process was using 2.5gb of memory and if you strace the process it was repeatedly stating:

Too many open files

We actually had to kill -9 the process then restart imunify360. It either was not stopping at all or the time it was going to take was not something we could wait on as we had no interest in it filling /var up on us.

Comment

Working...
      X