Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What connections and how are they calculated for Imunify360 "Max simultaneous connections"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What connections and how are they calculated for Imunify360 "Max simultaneous connections"?

Hello,

I want to know what is used to calculate "Max Connections" for the Imunify360 Settings.

We recently had an issue where some users reached the 250 connections - "Max simultaneous connections before IP is blocked". From what I found out from the client, they were using FTP and testing some stuff in their CMS Dashboard. Either way, they were no more than 10 people that were simultaneously working from the same IP.

```
    May 26 14:47:38 Denial of Service attack was discovered from XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX, open connections: 253
    ```

Ive raised the limit to about 1000 just to temporarily solve the problem, but I still want to know what could cause such an issue and what is used by imunify360 to count the connections.

Thank you.

Please advise your customer to limit the number of simultaneous connections in their FTP client. Some buggy FTP clients do not close connections properly, so that the problem arises.

Comment

Hello,

So from your perspective, the error was most likely caused by the simultaneous connections from the FTP clients, correct?

Thank you.

Comment

Hi,

It seems so.

You may also check if the problem persists after updating to 2.2-16 which has a fix for the similar problem - pls see https://www.cloudlinux.com/imunify36...hotfix-release (DEF-1761)

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X