Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to ignore certain folders during background malware scan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to ignore certain folders during background malware scan?

Hello,

I tried adding my list of folders to the IGNORE LIST tab on the malware scanner page, but it does not work. (The folders are still being scanned.)

I understand there is an Ignore Mask for on-demand malware scanner. However, I would like to add an Ignore Mask for the regular scheduled background scan. How can I do it?

Here is my list of folders that I do not want to be scanned during scheduled background scans:

- /home/*/etc/*
    - /home/*/mail/*
    - /home/*/logs/*
    - /home/*/.trash/*

Thanks.

PS - The reason I do not want these folders to be scanned is because I think it is not necessary. It is very unlikely a customer will have malware in these folders, and some customers have huge amounts of many GB of mail... so I dont want to waste resources scanning them. (Especially because we use mdbox mail format, so the storage files change every time an email is modified, which defeats the benefit of rapidscan.)

Thanks.

Hello,
    Thank you for reaching out! To run the scanner through the CLI, you need the command
    imunify-antivirus malware on-demand start To add scanning with mask ignore
    imunify-antivirus malware on-demand start --ignore-mask /home/*/mail/*,/home/*/tmp/*,*.tar.gz,*.tar,*.gz,*.tgz,*.bz,*.tbz,*.zip,*. rar --path / home
    ignore-mask in case malware on-demand start ignore-mask may take
    Patterns are Unix shell style:
    * matches everything
    ? matches any single character
    [seq] matches any character in seq
    [! seq] matches any char not in seq
    So imunify-antivirus malware ignore list - doesnt work here. Only full paths are needed here.
    i.e. add imunify-antivirus malware ignore add /home */mail/* - will not work
    This information in our documentation will be useful here https://docs.imunify360.com/command_...rface/#malware
    Thank you.

Comment

How can I add an Ignore List to the scheduled malware scan?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello,
        We are working on this issue. Get back to you later today with a response.
        Thank you!

Comment

Hello,
          Thank you for waiting. Could you make this cron task please and run the CLI command?

Code:
          imunify360-agent malware on-demand start --ignore-mask /home/*/mail/* --path /home
          and in the UI - you can remove/disable the schedule.
          So the scan result will still get into the database and are visible in the UI.
          Hope to hear from you soon.

Comment

me too i want exclude /home/*/imap/* on the panel please

you need to add this option ( feature ) for use mask ( * ) in the ignore tab

and at the moment it adds confusion because we can add /home/*/imap/* in the panel without the panel reporting any error to say that the path is not valid with a mask (*)

its because we dont want scan mail.. when we have one server with 3000 users / website its add a long time for scan all users for nothing more

Comment

I agree. The point is that mail folders do not need to be regularly scanned.

Perhaps imunify360 could add an option called "Do not scan MAIL folders". Then it can use internal logic to skip all mail folders, depending on if its mbox or maildir or whatever..

Comment

I dont use imunify360

Just imunifyav+

I need this feature

Comment

no answer ?

and just for your information.. we cannot register on this forum

in this page : https://www.cloudlinux.com/create-account

the captcha said : ERROR for site owner: Invalid site key

Comment

> me too i want exclude /home/*/imap/* on the panel please
                    >
                    > you need to add this option ( feature ) for use mask ( * ) in the ignore tab
                    >
                    > and at the moment it adds confusion because we can add /home/*/imap/* in the panel without the panel reporting any error to say that the path is not valid with a mask (*)
                    >
                    > its because we dont want scan mail.. when we have one server with 3000 users / website its add a long time for scan all users for nothing more

Hello,
                    Thank you for reaching out! You can add masks for mail folders that you do not need to check through the ignore list.
                    This information in our documentation will be useful here

Comment

we make me turn around since 5 days.. please try to understand

the cloudlinux support said this :

Taras Yasinsky
                      5 days ago
                      Greetings,

Were afraid wildcards arent supported for the ignore list in the UI described at

https://docs.imunifyav.com/imunifyav/#ignore-list and are applicable only for

- per-scan configuration as per https://docs.imunifyav.com/imunifyav/#scan and
                      - CLI commands as per https://docs.imunifyav.com/cli/#malware.

i need to add /home/*/imap/* in the tab ignore list of imunifyav+ ( not imunify360 ) because its stupid to scan mail for more of 24h hours for 6000 users by servers

you need to add this feature into imunifyav+ ( i pay for that for this product for testing in this moment ( 5 license now .. i going to add it on more servers in the next week )

Comment

Hello Richard,
                        I am sorry for the misunderstanding. Imunify360 does not support wildcard yet: "Wildcards are not supported when adding paths to the Ignore List"
                        For this, we have a slightly different tool. More details can be found here: https://docs.imunify360.com/faq_and_...alware-scanner
                        That is, mail directories, as well as some others, are already excluded automatically. As for the planned backup, right there, you can do what will be needed.
                        As for on-demand, you can add --ignore-mask /home/*/mail/*, and everything will be ignored, as Taras mentioned.
                        Thank you.

Comment

> no answer ?
                          >
                          > and just for your information.. we cannot register on this forum
                          >
                          > in this page : https://www.cloudlinux.com/create-account
                          >
                          > the captcha said : ERROR for site owner: Invalid site key

Hello,
                          Thank you for reaching out! We fixed this error. Please try to register again.

Comment

Working...
                          X