CloudLinux 6 Server Too slow Reboot time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CloudLinux 6 Server Too slow Reboot time

were not use any other web panel just APM and our comapny API ( runs with python )

and Server have around 1000 users ( with php selector and cagefs, user quota on ext4 )

server runs at HP DL360p G8 / E5-2670

and if reboots, it takes around 3 hour or more

I search whole linux log to find this problem

at boot, terminal shows Setting User Disk quota and freeze over 1hour

is this normal? and if its not normal what i need to search about ?

Hello,
    You say that it takes 3 hours and more and Setting up Setting User Disk quota takes about 1 hour at boot.
    Were you able to find out what it does for the two more hours?
    Did you try disabling quotas on your filesystems to see if it speeds the process up?
    Thank you.

Comment

> Hello,
      > You say that it takes 3 hours and more and Setting up Setting User Disk quota takes about 1 hour at boot.
      > Were you able to find out what it does for the two more hours?
      > Did you try disabling quotas on your filesystems to see if it speeds the process up?
      > Thank you.

Ill try... but Its too hard to watch terminal Continuously for 3 hours... haha
      Our company have monthly Server Check and Reboot

update(repo use only Cloudlinux and Official CentOS) and reboot at 1AM, and usually able to connect ssh at 4~5AM

more fun thing is we have 10+ CloudLinux 6 servers with whole same setting ( Raid, CPU, memory, OS settings, difference is just user data on /home folder and user DB data on /var/lib/mysql )

and others takes 30min~1hour but few server takes around 3hours

we think some users got problem about web cache or cagefs something...

do you have any think of it?

Comment

>> we think some users got problem about web cache or cagefs something...

Not sure because I havent seen anything like this and cannot find similar problems.
        Next time you reboot, try recording a video of server console, if possible either via IPMI or with IP KVM.
        Usually, the big part of boot process (assuming that your problem is with the boot, not with shutdown) is filesystem check. You can try to disable filesystem check either by enabling fastboot in grub or by changing fstab settings.
        I have found the information how you can do this here: https://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-...ypassing-fsck/
        Although, it is not quite safe to not perform fsck on boot at least once in several boots.

Comment

Working...
        X