Odd behavior LVE manager directadmin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd behavior LVE manager directadmin

I installed cloudlinux on directadmin and everything seems to be working, but one odd issue.
    On directadmin under "Endusers hitting limits" it's listing the user webapps as hitting the limits.
    webapps is an apache user. If I click to edit the limits it reports webapps isn't a control panel user which is correct.

Is there some way I can remove this user, since I don't think the apache webapps user should be being managed by LVE?​

Hmm, the webapps is used for webmail services in DirectAdmin. I would say it have to stay inside LVE. Please consider just increasing some limits for it, most likely the IO limit is one that was hit.

Comment

Hi, Thanks for the reply.
      I can't change the limits since if I click to edit the user it reports "Error: 1008 is not a panel user".
      Not sure if it's something I should worry about or not.

Comment

Use console and a command like:

Code:
        lvectl set-user webapps --speed=200% --io=4096

Comment

I just checked if I can click the webmail link in the control panel, and it's reporting "Oops... something went wrong!
          An internal error has occurred. Your request cannot be processed at this time." so it seems like it is effecting webmail functions.​

Comment

I ran it like you said - it ran without errors but didn't seem to change the limits.
            I'm not sure if I had messed it up since I had deleted the user webapps originally when I saw the problem and it broke apache. I then reinstalled apache with directadmin and it was working again and I confirmed in root that user webapps was recreated. But on the LVE list in directadmin the username list "webapps" disappeared from the list - it now just lists
            LIV ID 1008 instead.
            Is there a way to run that command based on the LIV ID instead?

Comment

Got it. Yeah, removing webapps could cause Internal Error.

To run the command on UID use this command:

Code:
              lvectl set 1008 --speed=200% --io=4096

Comment

Well running that seems to have made the webapps option reappear with the new levels in the control panel - plus it still lists the old uid too with previous levels. See the picture attached to see what it's showing. I ran the command to reinstall roundcube (the webmail client in directadmin) with these commands:
                cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/
                ./build roundcube

And now I can access webmail.
                Not sure if I should be worried that I fragged the server? Or you think it's ok?

Attached Files

Comment

Seems good to me. Please monitor it for a day or two and get back with the results.

Comment

It's also odd that on the panel overview it shows now 2/2 users hitting limits, the webapps user and the uid 1008 user.
                    But it's ignoring my website user noc1.
                    Shouldn't it list 2/3 including that user?
                    See the attachment.
                    Attached Files

Comment

But if I click the user list manually I can view the user noc1 like normal, so maybe I shouldn't worry about it?

Comment

This page shows 24h status, please wait a day or two and I believe it will be normal.

Comment

Working...
                        X