Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to allow 1 user use all server resources?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to allow 1 user use all server resources?

Hi, I need to allow 1 user to use all server resources.
    To be more specific, one PHP script must be able to run at full speed and consume all server resources.

My current limitations seems to be MySQL because if I run one instance of script MySQL reports approx 13k queries/second, with a CPU usage of 1%, 4GB of RAM
    while if I run 20 simultaneous instances MySQL reports aprox 400k - 700k queries/second, with a CPU usage of 70%, 40GB of RAM.

There is no bottleneck, I have been watching performance for almost 2 months.

Server setup is Cloudlinux + Cpanel + Litespeed, and I already used this command:
    Code:
    lvectl set-user user --unlimited
    Checked and LVE limits correctly set to "unlimited".

The PHP script is not designed to run more than one instance and is giving me lots of troubles.

Greatly appreciate any help in advance.​

Hi,

You are doing it right, and if confirmed the limits are set to unlimited then nothing more to be done with them.

Do you use MySQL Governor? If so you may want to completely ignore this user as well, can be done with:

Code:
    dbctl ignore username
    Without a governor a MySQL itself have to be tuned somehow.

Comment

MySQL Governor is installed and configured BUT mode of operation is: Off - monitor Only

Does this also apply in this case?
      Without a governor a MySQL itself have to be tuned somehow.

Comment

If so any kind of mysql tuning guides could be used. And the first step is to use mysqltuner.pl script. Here is a pretty good article.

Comment

Working...
        X