PHP-FPM 5.4.33, MPM Event, and Entry Processes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP-FPM 5.4.33, MPM Event, and Entry Processes

Just wanted to report this in case someone has additional info.

Running PHP-FPM with cloudlinux patch and MPM Event. Been running great for months

Last night updated to PHP 5.4.33 and updated googles page speed from 1.7 to 1.8 release on a server.

A problem arose that the entry processes observed in lvetop kept rising on higher traffic sites until they maxed out and locked out. I ran ps on the users and there was nothing there. If I restarted Apache and when to a site on the web, almost each click raised the EP count by one and would not go back down.

I removed pagespeed, but the problem persisted. I changed MPM event to prefork and the problem stopped. Switched back to MPM Event, started again.

So seems there is an issue with PHP 5.4.33 and MPM Event. Dont know if anything relates to cloudlinux as Im not sure what to check to further diagnose.

Hi,

We too are facing the same issue on our server.

We are running Apache 2.4.10 Event MPM with PHP 5.4.33 with Apaches mod_fcgid.

The EP count for a LVE keeps on increasing until Apache is restarted. Running the command lveps -p , its output shows those Apache threads (those threads are indeed present due to Apaches Process/Thread Lifecycle) which might have handled a used Entry Process, irrespective whether php process is running or not.

Even if I use PHP Selector and select PHP 5.3, the problem still remains. In meantime I am looking to revert to Pre-Fork MPM or disabling mod_hostinglimits

Any help is appreciated.

KS

Comment

The issue happens on old mod_hostinglimit packages (before 0.1-19), check it with:

Code:
      strings /usr/local/apache/modules/mod_hostinglimits.so | grep version -i
      Its fixed in 0.1-19 and patches were sent to cpanel already, however most probably they was not yet included in their easyapache. However there is a way to fix it directly on the server compiling mod_hostinglimits, its safe and fast, here is howto:

Code:
      wget [URL]http://repo.cloudlinux.com/cloudlinux/sources/da/mod_hostinglimits-1.0-19.tar.gz[/URL]

tar xfz mod_hostinglimits-1.0-19.tar.gz

cd mod_hostinglimits-1.0-19

cmake .

make

make install
      Check version after install then restart apache.

Comment

Im not sure what easyapache has to do with this, mine is from your repo:

Name : mod_hostinglimits
        Version : 1.0
        Release : 14.el6.cloudlinux
        Repo : cloudlinux-x86_64-server-6

should I compile/install over the rpm, or remove it first.

Comment

sorry, I take that back. Your repo version is not installed. its version 1.0-18. Thanks for the info.

Comment

FYI: mod_hostinglimits 1.0.19 was released 2014-10-20 in EasyApache 3.26.9

Comment

Working...
            X