Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Package limits custom file

Synchronizing package LVE limits across servers

When setting LVE limits for certain packages, those changes are saved in /etc/container/ve.cfg, is that correct?

Im curious if there is a way, or a thought, to put these package limits into a separate file?

My scenario is that I have several servers. I would like to be able to set the package limits, make changes to those packages limits, and push those changes out to all of of my servers.

If, for example, package limits were set in a file /etc/container/package-limits.cfg, then I could easily make changes to that file as need be, and then just distribute that file out among all of my servers, so that all of the packages across all servers would have the same limits.

Perhaps just having these package limits defined in a file some where, and then having a rebuild script which would remove the package specific limits in /etc/container/ve.cfg, and rebuild /etc/container/ve.cfg with package limiits derived from /etc/container/package-limits.cfg?

How do other people accomplish this? How do others that have multiple servers, the same cPanel packages on all servers, how do you adjust the LVE limits on those packages and push those changes out to all of your servers? Do you manually adjust the packages on each server? Im looking at about 50 servers, manually adjusting isn something I want to do.

Comment

Package limits are alive only in that one /etc/container/ve.cfg file, other are not supported. And.. all changes to packages should be done with lvectl command line tool.

However let wait how other customers to that. Maybe this feature should be requested to https://cloudlinux.uservoice.com/ .

Comment

Hmm...

I guess I could script this. Have my package limits defined in a particular file, push that file out to all servers, and then run a script that lvectl package-deletes the packages defined in that file, then lvectl package-sets all of the packages in that file with the defined limits. Would that work?

I don suspect the package limits would change very often, but still would just be nice to be able to mass upgrade when a change is necessary.

Comment

I believe using separate file to package-delete / set will work.

Comment

Working...
          X