Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Traffic Sites

Hi Everyone,
    Just need abit of LVE Manager advice, what are the best settings for high traffic? I would like to be able to allow just enough to allow them to be seen without getting cut off but not to much to disrupt the servers performance is this even possible?

Thanks

Rockyuk

I think that depends on your sever configuration. We allow between 1 à 3 CPUs and between 2 and 6 GB ram, and between 5 and 10MB/s disk access, but our servers have 40 CPU threads and 256 GB ram. You obviously wouldnt allow 6GB of ram on a server with only 8GB available ram. Also weve found that fast disk access decreases the users CPU utilisation as users that were maxing their CPU usage on HDDs now use less CPU on SSDs.

I would say no more that 1/8th of total server ressources, and 2 CPUs should allow quite alot of page views, and the more ram you allow each user the less disk reads you will have.

Comment

I agree with Richard, but would say total maximum for speed is 1/4 of all CPU cores. If you have 8 core server then set speed=200% for high traffic sites. If you have 16 cores - set speed to 400% .

Comment

Thanks everyone just need to find the right balance and tweaks i guess

Comment

Thanks Bogdan for useful information.

Comment

Working...
          X