Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant select PHP Version fr om Selector PHP

Hello,

I am currently trying to get this fixed, as I cannot select any version using Selector PHP. The install commands for the packages were the following:

yum install cagefs --enablerepo=cloudlinux-updates-testing
    yum install lve-stats --enablerepo=cloudlinux-updates-testing
    yum install lvemanager --enablerepo=cloudlinux-updates-testing
    yum groupinstall alt-php --enablerepo=cloudlinux-updates-testing

The error I get is the one below:

Unable to set version native for user useless: ([Errno 13] Permission denied)

Any idea how I can get this solved? Or what logs do I have to check?

P.S. Now it seems that Cloudlinux repo is down, as Im not able to install anything. Some errors below:

Unable to connect to the host and port specified
    alt-php54-enchant-5.4.45-24.el6.x86_64: Error communicating with server. The message was:
    alt-php53-xmlrpc-5.3.29-40.el6.x86_64: Error communicating with server. The message was:

Thanks.

Hello,

Could you please create a ticket in our helpdesk? https://helpdesk.cloudlinux.com

We will check the issue

Comment

Hi,

I opened a support ticket, as you requested.
      Update: Cloudlinux repo seems to be up again, as yum install works again.

Comment

Hello,

Long story, short, I had activated a kernel option, recommended by Cloudlinux:

fs.protected_symlinks_create = 1
        fs.protected_hardlinks_create = 1

This prevents users from creating symlinks to other files and folders not owned by them, which includes those of PHP Selector.

In my case, the problem was that "fs.protected_symlinks_allow_gid" and "fs.protected_hardlinks_allow_gid" had wrong values in /etc/sysctl.conf. The correct value should be the value returned from the following command, which is the Group ID for "linksafe":

grep "linksafe" /etc/group | awk -F: {print $3}

After updating "fs.protected_symlinks_allow_gid" and "fs.protected_hardlinks_allow_gid" with the value for "linksafe" GID, I ran sysctl -p.

After that, I was able to reinit and/or update CageFS and sel ect different versions of PHP fr om within Selector PHP in users cPanel.
        Hope this helps somebody.

Comment

Working...
        X