Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloudlinux components installing order and PHP Selector becoming obsolete

Hello,

I have some questions about the integration of different components of cPanel and Cloudlinux.

1. Is there a correct order of installing CageFS, LVE Manager, Lve stats and so on? Could a different install order affect some of the features/components, like CageFS for example?

Ive had yesterday an issue where from the command line "cagefsctl -l" would show me that the users are in CageFS, but when trying to access cPanel -> PHP Selector, the cPanel error_log would say that the user is not in CageFS.

2. Do you recommend installing CageFS, lvemanager, lve-stats, etc. packages from the cloudlinux-updates-testing repo? Are they stable? I saw a post a long time ago where the Beta is considered production ready.

3. What is the approximate time of PHP Selector becoming obsolete? I saw another forum post about this:

Also, the blog post about EA4 says that MultiPHP from cPanel with most likely replace PHP Selector:

4. If I installed Hardened PHP from the Imunify plugin interface, it installed the ea-php* packages from the Cloudlinux repo. If this is installed, then there is no need to install PHP Selector, right?. CageFS would be used only for caging the user in its own "virtual" filesystem. Correct me if Im wrong.

5. After installing the Hardened PHP from the Imunify plugin, it installed all versions of PHP available to it, but also two handlers instead of one (cgi and suphp). Would uninstalling the suphp rpm from the WHM -> easyapache 4 break any functionality or the EA profile? I use only cgi handler, so suphp is unneeded. Or should I just leave it be and just change the handlers from WHM -> MultiPHP Manager -> PHP Handlers?

```
    [root@server2 ~]# /usr/local/cpanel/bin/rebuild_phpconf --current
    DEFAULT PHP: ea-php56
    ea-php53 SAPI: suphp
    ea-php54 SAPI: suphp
    ea-php55 SAPI: suphp
    ea-php56 SAPI: cgi
    ea-php70 SAPI: suphp
    ea-php71 SAPI: suphp

[root@server2 ~]# /usr/local/cpanel/bin/rebuild_phpconf --available
    ea-php53: cgi none suphp
    ea-php54: cgi none suphp
    ea-php55: cgi none suphp
    ea-php56: cgi none suphp
    ea-php70: cgi none suphp
    ea-php71: cgi none suphp
    ```

Thank you.

Hello,

1. Actually yes, better to install our packages as latest so post-install scripts could configure services properly:
    - install cPanel > install lvemanager > install cagefs > install other tools.

2. Better to use packages from stable repos. Indeed beta packages are also good, just not so safe.

3. There is no ETA on that, and for sure there will be transparent migration when we decide to do it. We really like our PHP-Selector and recommend using it.

4. Some contradictory information here. Hardened PHP means alt-php packages, not ea-php .
    But overall that is correct, CageFS works with any of them.

5. I am sure you can remove ea-apache24-mod_suphp package as long as cgi is used.

Comment

Hello,

Hardenen PHP from the Imunify360 plugin installed the ea-php* packages and not the alt-php packages. Heres a part of the yum log from last night:

May 02 22:39:30 Installed: 1:ea-php55-build-5.5.38-1.el7.cloudlinux.x86_64
      May 02 22:39:30 Installed: 1:ea-php71-build-7.1.4-1.el7.cloudlinux.x86_64
      May 02 22:39:30 Installed: 1:ea-php56-build-5.6.30-1.el7.cloudlinux.1.x86_64
      May 02 22:39:30 Installed: 1:ea-php54-build-5.4.45-15.el7.cloudlinux.x86_64
      May 02 22:39:30 Installed: 1:ea-php53-build-5.3.29-1.el7.cloudlinux.x86_64
      May 02 22:39:30 Installed: 1:ea-php55-php-imap-5.5.38-11.el7.cloudlinux.2.x86_64
      May 02 22:39:30 Installed: 1:ea-php55-5.5.38-1.el7.cloudlinux.x86_64
      May 02 22:39:30 Installed: 1:ea-php55-php-fpm-5.5.38-11.el7.cloudlinux.2.x86_64
      May 02 22:39:30 Installed: 1:ea-php54-php-imap-5.4.45-28.el7.cloudlinux.2.x86_64
      May 02 22:39:31 Installed: 1:ea-php54-5.4.45-15.el7.cloudlinux.x86_64
      May 02 22:39:31 Installed: 1:ea-php54-php-fpm-5.4.45-28.el7.cloudlinux.2.x86_64
      May 02 22:39:31 Installed: 1:ea-php53-5.3.29-1.el7.cloudlinux.x86_64

After I uninstalled PHP selector cause I couldnt get it running inside CageFS and the cPanel plugin wasnt showing, I installed the Hardened PHP from the Imunify360 plugin -> Settings -> Install Hardened-PHP button. The PHP packages currently installed on the server are the ones in this pastebin. Let me know if it works:

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

I also thought that the Hardened PHP was the alt-php* form and not ea-php*. Either way, you guys at Cloudlinux are maintaining these packages:

[root@server2 ~]# rpm -qi ea-php71-php-posix-7.1.4-1.el7.cloudlinux.1.x86_64
      Name : ea-php71-php-posix
      Epoch : 1
      Version : 7.1.4
      Release : 1.el7.cloudlinux.1
      Architecture: x86_64
      Install Date: Tue 02 May 2017 10:39:22 PM EEST
      Group : Development/Languages
      Size : 32971
      License : PHP
      Signature : DSA/SHA1, Wed 19 Apr 2017 04:25:45 PM EEST, Key ID 8c55a6628608cb71
      Source RPM : ea-php71-php-7.1.4-1.el7.cloudlinux.1.src.rpm
      Build Date : Wed 19 Apr 2017 03:45:50 PM EEST
      Build Host : build.cloudlinux.com
      Relocations : (not relocatable)
      Packager : CloudLinux Packaging Team <packager@cloudlinux.com>
      Vendor : CloudLinux
      URL : http://www.php.net/
      Summary : Modules for PHP scripts that need access to POSIX functions
      Description :
      The php-posix package adds a PHP interface to those functions defined
      in the IEEE 1003.1 (POSIX.1) standards document which are not
      accessible through other means.

Also, isnt CageFS supposed to be installed before any other Cloudlinux component? I get an error "ERROR: CageFS not installed." while installing lvemanager. Please see the next pastebin.

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

The CloudLinux LVE Manager in WHM isnt showing any data either, if CageFS is not installed.

Shouldnt the install order be CageFS -> lvemanager -> alt-php -> others etc.

Let me know if you need any other info.

Thank you.

Comment

I have clarified this situation with our developers and I was originally wrong. Hardened PHP is not only alt-php, we also patch ea-php51/52 packages so call them "hardened". All Ok here.

About "ERROR: CageFS not installed." messages - CageFS is not required before lvemanager, while this error message has been fixed in beta release already. Nothing to worry about.

The install order CageFS<->lvemanager does not matter. But yes they should be installed before alt-php etc.

Comment

Hello,

So to recap all of this, I can do the installations in the following order:

1. Install lvemanager
          2. Install CageFS + initialize CageFS + put users inside CageFS
          3. Install Hardened PHP from the Imunify 360 plugin (this will install ea-php*).
          4. Install Litespeed.
          5. Run cagefsctl --force-update

Let me know if this is correct.

Also, after I install the Hardened PHP from the Imunify360 plugin interface, can I also install alt-php to have PHP Selector? Will the alt-php packages conflict with ea-php packages or are they interchangeable (depending on the clients choice)? Im thinking that maybe PHP Selector can be used especially for the ffmpeg codec.

Thank you.

Comment

Above steps to install services are correct.

Yes, both ea-php and alt-php can work together. You can safely install our packages with yum groupinstall alt-php .

Few links for better understanding selectors: http://kb.cloudlinux.com/2017/01/clo...ea4-explained/
            and

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the links.

Ive just installed the alt-php packages like you said, with "yum groupinstall alt-php" and Ill see which one Ill keep for our clients.

Thank you.

Comment

Error: (XID bzukvp) The “alt-php70-php-fpm” service is not installed.

Comment

Hello Rahat,
                  Thank you for reaching out! We do not provide them and you dont need to install PHP-FPM modules as they are not compatible with PHP Selector (alt-php): https://docs.cloudlinux.com/index.ht...tiblity_matrix.html
                  Just ignore this warning message. The error message is a little bug of cPanel that is known. Please let us know if you have any questions. Thanks in advance!

Comment

----------------------------------------------Show new Error-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Error
                    The received data is wrong. Contact support for resolution. Error : failed to create symlink /home/salamenter/.cagefs/opt/alt/php52/link/conf to /opt/alt/php52/etc/php.d: [Err code 17] File exists Error : failed to create symlink /home/salamenter/.cagefs/opt/alt/php53/link/conf to /opt/alt/php53/etc/php.d: [Err code 17] File exists Error : failed to create symlink /home/salamenter/.cagefs/opt/alt/php51/link/conf to /opt/alt/php51/etc/php.d: [Err code 17] File exists Error : failed to create symlink /home/salamenter/.cagefs/opt/alt/php56/link/conf to /opt/alt/php56/etc/php.d: [Err code 17] File exists Error : failed to create symlink /home/salamenter/.cagefs/opt/alt/php44/link/conf to /opt/alt/php44/etc/php.d: [Err code 17] File exists Error : failed to create symlink /home/salamenter/.cagefs/opt/alt/php54/link/conf to /opt/alt/php54/etc/php.d: [Err code 17] File exists Error : failed to create symlink /home/salamenter/.cagefs/opt/alt/php55/link/conf to /opt/alt/php55/etc/php.d: [Err code 17] File exists Error : failed to create symlink /home/salamenter/.cagefs/opt/alt/php70/link/conf to /opt/alt/php70/etc/php.d: [Err code 17] File exists Error : failed to create symlink /home/salamenter/.cagefs/opt/alt/php71/link/conf to /etc/cl.php.d/alt-php71: [Err code 17] File exists Error : failed to create symlink /home/salamenter/.cagefs/opt/alt/php72/link/conf to /opt/alt/php72/etc/php.d: [Err code 17] File exists Error : failed to create symlink /home/salamenter/.cagefs/opt/alt/php73/link/conf to /opt/alt/php73/etc/php.d: [Err code 17] File exists

Comment

> ----------------------------------------------Show new Error-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      > Error
                      > The received data is wrong. Contact support for resolution. Error : failed to create symlink /home/salamenter/.cagefs/opt/alt/php52/link/conf to /opt/alt/php52/etc/php.d: [Err code 17] File exists Error : failed to create symlink /home/salamenter/.cagefs/opt/alt/php53/link/conf to /opt/alt/php53/etc/php.d: [Err code 17] File exists Error : failed to create symlink /home/salamenter/.cagefs/opt/alt/php51/link/conf to /opt/alt/php51/etc/php.d: [Err code 17] File exists Error : failed to create symlink /home/salamenter/.cagefs/opt/alt/php56/link/conf to /opt/alt/php56/etc/php.d: [Err code 17] File exists Error : failed to create symlink /home/salamenter/.cagefs/opt/alt/php44/link/conf to /opt/alt/php44/etc/php.d: [Err code 17] File exists Error : failed to create symlink /home/salamenter/.cagefs/opt/alt/php54/link/conf to /opt/alt/php54/etc/php.d: [Err code 17] File exists Error : failed to create symlink /home/salamenter/.cagefs/opt/alt/php55/link/conf to /opt/alt/php55/etc/php.d: [Err code 17] File exists Error : failed to create symlink /home/salamenter/.cagefs/opt/alt/php70/link/conf to /opt/alt/php70/etc/php.d: [Err code 17] File exists Error : failed to create symlink /home/salamenter/.cagefs/opt/alt/php71/link/conf to /etc/cl.php.d/alt-php71: [Err code 17] File exists Error : failed to create symlink /home/salamenter/.cagefs/opt/alt/php72/link/conf to /opt/alt/php72/etc/php.d: [Err code 17] File exists Error : failed to create symlink /home/salamenter/.cagefs/opt/alt/php73/link/conf to /opt/alt/php73/etc/php.d: [Err code 17] File exists

Hello Rahat,
                      Can you open a support ticket https://cloudlinux.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new so we can take a closer look at your system? You can post the ticket number here and well link this thread to it.
                      Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                      X