Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I run Node.js on cPanel without CloudLinux?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I run Node.js on cPanel without CloudLinux?

Im trying to deploy a node.js app on my server.

Ive followed the instructions laid out by cPanel in their documentation here: Guide to Node.js Installations and here: How to Install a Node.js Application. I want to do this without CloudLinux and given Apaches Node.js module it seemed to be possible.

However, even though deploying the app in the backend seems fine, Im getting this error when trying to access the app in my browser:

The Phusion Passenger application server tried to start the web application through a Passenger-internal helper tool called the SpawnEnvSetupper. But that helper tool encountered an internal error.

Error Details: Failed to initialize LVE library: : init_lve error [2] The stdout/stderr output of the subprocess so far is: Error: Failed to initialize LVE library: : init_lve error [2]

I dont know much about LVE but I do know that its a part of CloudLinux. So, do I still need to have CloudLinux installed after all? Thanks.

I tried deploying the same node.js app on a subdomain and had the same error. Then I tried to deploy it on another server that I manage (following the same steps) and was able to do so successfully. My hosting company seems to think there was an issue when I uninstalled CloudLinux from my server. (I had previously set it up to run Node and then had it removed once I discovered that I wouldnt need it.)

Hello Dean,
    Thank you for reaching out! For stable operation you need a trial license or bought CloudLinux license.
    Thank you.

Comment

Working...
    X