We setup a droplet a fair few days ago with the following:

- CPanel & WHM
    - LiteSpeed Web Server
    - Redis
    - OpCache
    - Imunify360
    - CloudLinux
    - ConfigServer Security & Firewall

And we setup two test wordpress installations on separate WHM accounts both are copies of some websites we have. I noticed the sites were hitting the limits so I did some searching and decided to increase the LVE limitations to:

- 200% Speed
    - 1G PMEM
    - 4MB/s I/O
    - 1024 IOPS
    - 40 EP
    - 100NPROC
    - CageFS Enabled

However, the sites are still hitting their limits, for example it shows:
    username testing.website.com --- 4096 IO Limit, KB 3 IO Faults

The only WordPress plugins that could potentially use a lot (like a backup or a scan or something) would be:

- LiteSpeed Cache (It has caching + crawler)
    - Wordfence (If it does a scan)
    - WP Remote (If it does a remote scan)
    - Broken Link Checker (If it does a scan)

Broken Link Checker has the following settings:
    - Max Execution 420 seconds
    - Server load limit: 10.00 (suspends itself it the server gets to 10.00)
    - Target Resource usage: 25%

If I run BLC manually the max I saw it use was 10%~ Speed, 135MB MEM, 35KB/S (most were around 5KB/S), 0 IO, 0 IOPS, 0 PNO, 1 EP

If I run Wordfence manually the max I saw it use was 30% SPEED, 300MB MEM, 1.5MB/S IO (most were around 500KB/S), 60 IOPS, 3 PNO, 1 EP

If I clear all cache on LiteSpeed then the max I saw it use was 40% SPeed, 450MB MEM, 1MB/S IO, 150 IOPS, 2 PNO, 1 EP and bare in mind that would be a rare occurrence where it clears all cache

How can I find out exactly whats making it go over the limit and how do I create an exception to this?

Hello Ryan,
    Thank you for reaching out! This information in our documentation will be useful here https://docs.cloudlinux.com/limits/
    Please let us know if you have any questions. Thanks in advance!

Comment

> Hello Ryan,
      > Thank you for reaching out! This information in our documentation will be useful here https://docs.cloudlinux.com/limits/
      > Please let us know if you have any questions. Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I had read all of that before hand, hence why I changed the default LVE limits. It doesnt explain or show how to find out what is causing an for the resources to be exceeded.

Having a email notification that provides no information on what caused the resources to be exceeded is somewhat pointless. If LVE took a snapshot of processes and what not when an account goes over the limits it would help people including myself find out what used up the resources.

Comment

Hi Ryan,
        Thanks for continuing. It also depends on the number of requests, scripts, and pages that the requests go to.

Comment

> Hi Ryan,
          > Thanks for continuing. It also depends on the number of requests, scripts, and pages that the requests go to.

That doesnt really help when LVE doesnt provide any details or tools to find out what is/was the cause for going over the limits...

How can I find that out? Without knowing what is causing it to go over the limits I cant solve it...

Comment

Hello Ryan,
            To help you with this question, please create a ticket here https://cloudlinux.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and technical experts will help you asap. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask here.
            Thank you for contacting us.

Comment

Try to empty htaccess or remove the last 4 lines from it .

Comment

Hello,
                Thank you for your messages.
                You can use snapshots, this will help you see what triggered the limit faults.
                This information in our documentation will be useful here https://docs.cloudlinux.com/lve_manager/#snapshot

Comment

Working...
                X