Installing CL OVA with Plesk on ESXi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing CL OVA with Plesk on ESXi

When I install the OVA in ESXi, I dont have option to set disk size on installation or configure CL installation partitions. I did that after installation and I now how one big 500GB sda drive with sda1 10GB boot partition.

In the past, I have typically created /, tmp, var, boot and SWAP partitions on Centos.

1. Should I have these partitions or does CL manage the drive differently with no need for partitions other than boot partition?

2. With LVE in mind, how does Plesk/CL manage subscriptions? I assume there is no more global /var/www/vhosts/... directory and that all subscriptions are given their own distinct LVE container which has /tmp, /var/www/vhosts, etc, which may answer question 1.

3. When installing CL OVA, which OS type should I select? Other Linux OS 64bit or Centos 64 bit?

This is just a test installation and will start over so it doesnt matter if I completely break it.

Thanks for you help!

thx
    G

bump?

Comment

Hello,

1. It does not really matter how you partition your disk, even separate /boot is not required. It is better to separate customer homes from system in order to prevent all disk space consumed by customer data, but Plesk should allow setting up disk quota, so it should not be a problem.
      2. LVE does not change anything in how Plesk manages customer data, including vhosts directory. CloudLinux uses CageFS to isolate customers data and LVE for limiting resources.
      3. Both options should be fine, but since CloudLinux kernel is based on the same kernel CentOS is running, CentOS 64-bit should be the right choice.

Comment

Thanks Aleksie.

Since this is a CL OVA, I assume i dont need to do anything more with regards to partitions and can install and run plesk as I typically would?

Thanks
        G

Comment

Yes, exactly. And we are always here to help should you encounter any issue.

Comment

Working...
          X