How to tune/tweak MySQL Governor settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to tune/tweak MySQL Governor settings

Ive read the documentation as well as many online forum threads, but have not yet found any useful information as to how to tune & tweak the default MySQL Governor settings. I found a post by Igor that specifically states that you must do this:

> It is very effective, the only problem is that you have to tune settings/limits to be adequate for your server/hardware -- as they tend to be quite different on 16 core/raid 10 server, vs 2 core / basic 7200rpm drive

Any tips on how to start the process of tuning the settings?

- Scott

Id also like to know?

And also what does this mean? How does one adjust it and what is recommended for shared hosting with over 500 domains?

<!-- -1 not use limit(by default, current - required) -->
    <limit name="cpu" current="150" short="100" mid="90" long="65"/>
    <limit name="read" current="100000000" short="90000000" mid="80000000" long="70000000"/>
    <limit name="write" current="100000000" short="90000000" mid="80000000" long="70000000"/>

Thanks
    Hostking | Since 2013 | Web Hosting | WordPress Web Hosting

Comment

I would like to chime with a question to fine-tune Scotts and Tasneems questions.

lveinfo --dbgov --user=xxxx

shows
      TS USER CPU READ WRITE CON lCPU lREAD lWRITE RESTRICT
      2014-11-13 22:00:00 xxxx 8 8.7 0.1 0 400 1000 1000

Im using defaults:

How does CPU 8 fr om lveinfo correlate to the lim it CPU figures in the configuration? 8 is a long way from 150. And when I run dbtop, I never see a CPU figure above 12. Is "8" really 80? 800?

Also, back to the user in lveinfo above, what does the READ = 8.7 represent? This user has reads that can sometimes be over 70MB, but I never see anything other than single digits in lveinfo.

If there is documentation that describes what these numbers mean, please let me know. I cant find it.

Lastly, Im running in "abusers" mode. So when the users exceeds configured limits, his queries should run in his LVE. But I see no changes in any LVE parameters when the user is restricted.

Comment

I think I am going to send a ticket as I don seem to get responses to these questions when its around DB Governor.
        Hostking | Since 2013 | Web Hosting | WordPress Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
        X