Problems with Wordpress sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Wordpress sites

I just installed CL and have a bunch of users having issues with their wordpress sites.

1. They can no longer upload images regardless of the folders permissions settings - ( I set up a demo wordpress and verified images can be uploaded through the backend media manager)

2. Using the automatic upgrade in the admin backend they now have to login with their FTP details, the system won remember their FTP password so they have to login every time. (Verified and agree that is a headache )

3. Upload limit, I had a 80MB php upload limit, now some sites limits have been changed to 1MB while others are at 50MB (Before all sites were at 80MB)

I host a lot of wordpress sites and this is going to become a nightmare real fast for me, any ideas, steps I can take to resolve these issues server wide? (I can go client to client, way to many)

Jin, what software do you use (CageFS, phpSelector)?And what control panel? How PHP is configured now?

I believe 1 and 2 are similar and usually happens after switching PHP mode, from suPHP / FastCGI (when php process is running as user with its permissions, so have all rights to write to his directory) to DSO (when php is running as
    obody user and could not write to sites). On cPanel server you may simply check it with following command:

/usr/local/cpanel/bin/rebuild_phpconf --current

About 3 , this could be also affected after switching php mode, it could start using some local users php.ini files etc. Please check phpinfo() page from where upload_limit is taken, or provide a link for it (privately).

But overall I see no critical issues here and believe they could be resolved fast if you create a ticket to our support system.

Comment

Hello Bogdan,

How am I supposed to know if I am using CageFS, or phpSelector?

I followed the instructions for Convert from CentOS and didn see anything about that.

Does that mean I haven finished the install or there is a better way to run the system?

Comment

seem i got this problem too

------------------------
        game android

Comment

Hello Phuc,

There is a setting in Word[ress which allows you to change the upload setting, I am look through my notes to see exactly where it was, it was in an obscure place but once changed it fixes it, if I find the details I will post back.

Comment

This is what I used and it worked out, many forget about this

Network Admin Settings

Comment

You can check after disabling cagefs for that account.

Comment

My hosting provider recently moved my site to CL and Im my site keeps getting limited. Its a small personal site with less then 50 sessions per day, yet cPanel usage says...

- Your site has been limited within the past 24 hours
                - Virtual memory resources were limited for your site
                - Physical memory resources were limited for your site
                - I/O usage resources were limited for your site

> Current Usage
                > Description Usage Limit Fault
                > CPU Usage 14.0% 100%
                > I/O Usage 0.0 KB/s 6144.0 KB/s
                > IOPS 0 6144
                > Entry Processes 0 40 0
                > Number of Processes 0 200 0
                > Physical Memory Usage 39.27M 2.00G 0

My hosting provider is really struggling to find the problem, blaming crawlers, large photos on my site, etc... So I locked down robots.txt file to only Google. They then bumped the IO and CPU limits up and the problem keep happening. I moved the site to a new hosting provider and it is running flawlessly just like it did on the same hosting provider before the move to CL.

The site usually works fine, its just WordPress admin that is a problem. Theres something that the installed plugins PHP file does that always triggers the problem. If I dont check the installed plugins page, it hangs for about 3 minutes, then it times out. After it times out once or sometimes twice, it usually works fine for awhile like whatever it was doing finally got what it needed in cache. If I try to install or remove a plugin, Ill likely run into the problem there too.

Any ideas or known problems with WordPress? Could it be a bad disk or network connection retrying? How can I point my hosting provider in the right direction?

Comment

The problems above turned out to be a ISP and WordPress problem, not CloudLinux. One of the WordPress plugins was trying to check for updates and the ISP unintentionally blocked the IP address. WordPress hung and then timed out twice instead of providing a warning. The IP address should not have been blocked, however, WordPress didn give any error or warning either, which made it very hard to troubleshoot. Im reporting this to WordPress.

So I found out the root causes of the WordPress problem, and my system load is down some, but Im still seeing some unexplained performance issues where my site gets limited. Any insight on how to profile performance issues to find the contributing factors?

Comment

Working...
                  X