Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fresh cPanel install - some recommendations needed about CloudLinux, SQL, PHP etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh cPanel install - some recommendations needed about CloudLinux, SQL, PHP etc

Im setting up a new cPanel server and here are some questions:

MySQL 5.7 or MariaDB 10.2?

Use the CloudLinux Governor or not?

EA-php or ALT-php?

mod_lsapi or mod_ruid2?

Is mod_lsapi working with EA-php, or do I need to completely drop EA-php in favour of ALT-php (I dont want two systems that do the exact same thing)?
    Is mod_lsapi working/compatible with php-fpm?

If not CloudLinux, how can you enforce userland CPU/RAM limits and be confident that the user doesnt escapes his homedir?

The biggest reason for looking into CloudLinux because of their strong CageFS, userland hardware limits and better symlink protection.

Hello Vishal Pujari,
    Thank you for reaching out! The answers to your questions are below.

> MySQL 5.7 or MariaDB 10.2?

No difference, you can use any he is more experienced with

> Use the CloudLinux Governor or not?

You may install Governor in order to limit his users MySQL activity, it will not significantly affect the servers overall performance but will provide a bit more of resource usage control

> EA-php or ALT-php?
    > mod_lsapi or mod_ruid2?

Mod RUID is not compatible with CageFS, so if you want to use it, he should switch to suphp or lsapi

> Is mod_lsapi working with EA-PHP, or do I need to completely drop EA-PHP in favour of ALT-PHP (I dont want two systems that do the exact same thing)?
    > Is mod_lsapi working/compatible with PHP-fpm?

It is working with EA-PHP and its fpm versions

> If not CloudLinux, how can you enforce userland CPU/RAM limits and be confident that the user doesnt escapes his homedir?

All limits work on PHP-fpm

Please let us know if you have any questions. Thanks in advance!

Comment

Thank you so much

Comment

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask here.
        Thank you for contacting us.

Comment

Working...
        X