Which PHP extensions are enabled by default in PHP 7.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which PHP extensions are enabled by default in PHP 7.4

I found in the documentation which PHP extensions are added into PHP 7.4 here: https://docs.cloudlinux.com/cloudlin...7-4-extensions
    I'd like to know which extensions are enabled by default and can not find any information about that in the docs. As I understand they are configured in the /etc/cl.selector/defaults.cfg

Hi,

The default extensions are those which you will select from CloudLinux Manager > Selector > "Choose default modules for" the particular PHP version. And on saving it will update the file /etc/cl.selector/defaults.cfg .

Please also be informed that default modules will be applied for newly created accounts only. Existing accounts (even those which did not have selected PHP version) will stay on the current module list.

Comment

Hi Bogdan,

Thank you for your answer!
      As I understand there are default configured settings out of the box which php extensions are activated for 7.4. What I need is the list of the activated modules not the all modules available.
      The all modules available list is in the docs for 7.4 as I wrote.

KR, Zoda

Comment

The pure default extensions for that file are taken from the native PHP which was installed on the server, during the PHP-Selector installation time. So - absolutely the same extensions as were compiled in native PHP will be defaults in alt-php.

Comment

In the PHP Selector, several modules are enabled, see example: https://wphosting.com.au/wp-content/...9-14_07_36.png
          I'd like to get a list of what should be enabled after out of the box installation. My question is related to my hosting company there php modules

mysqlnd
          nd_mysqli
          pdo_mysql

are enabled at the same time as default. The hosting company told me that this is out of the box CloudLinux config for 7.4.
          I'd like to check if there is any documentation on it, but I can't find the list of default enabled extensions for 7.4.

Comment

Hmm, may we start from scratch? What are you trying to do? Are you a server owner and do you have a root access to the WHM?

If you are the owner of the server - you can enable any list of extensions to be enabled by default for new users from the WHM > CloudLinux Manager > Selector.
            If you are the customer of a hosting company - default modules do not matter as you may always enable those that you need from the Select PHP Version menu (the one you added a screenshot above).

Comment

Hi Bogdan,

Thank you for your answer!
              From scrathc.. 😊
              I'm not the owner of the server but sure I can enable any extension from the list of 7.4 extensions or reset to defaults. As I wrote this is a hosted CloudLinux LiteSpeed server where I have my webshosting.
              So I'm a customer on a hosting company. When I reset to defaults, the default set of extensions are enabled. The hosting company says that the list of the default enabled extensions are defined out of the box for CloudLinux so the hosting company not changed it. What I'd like to know is the complete official list of default, out of the box enabled list of the extensions for PHP 7.4. I couldn't find any documentation on it.
              Please let me know if the question is still unclear. All of the other what I mentioned are just to clarify and just follow-up questions.

Comment

The list of 'official' extensions does not exist

The list is dynamic - during the package installation time, we gather the extensions that were enabled in native PHP on the server and do apply that list as the 'defaults' for new accounts.

As the server owner, they can add any extensions later at any time and say 'That is default now'.

Comment

Thank you!
                  I passed the question back to my hosting company. I hope they will answer here.

Comment

Working...
                  X