mod_lsapi - Is it stable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mod_lsapi - Is it stable?

We have been using mod_fcgid as a php handler for quite a while now. We have a shared host with approx 150 websites, and lots of memory, cpu, and ssd drives. I am just wondering, would mod_lsapi be considered stable in a production environment at this time? Also, would it be a better solution than mod_fcgid?

One thing that seems to be a problem with mod_fcgid is that it on rare occasions causes scripts to time out. We tried adjusting the options for mod_fcgid to extend timeouts, but still seems to have problems once in a while.

Thanks!

We haven tried lsapi with Apache but we use it with Litespeed and its much better than mod_fcgid.

lsapi itself is stable, Cloudlinuxs integration to use it as an Apache mod you will have to wait for Igor or a member of his team to anwser.

Unless Im mistaken, its easy to enable and disabled and you can enable it on a site by site basis. So why not try enableing it on just a few sites a see how it goes ?

Comment

Ok. Thanks Richard. Appreciate the advice. I will wait for someone to comment from CloudLinux. As long as it is more stable than mod_fcgid I would like to switch to it. I guess my main concerns are why is it still titled "beta" in documentation.

Comment

Hi Wesley,

Weve been beta testing it since early stages and its had some hiccups. Today 0.85 was released which should fix the last bugs that I know about - but without beta testers the devs won know if theres any more bugs. We
        e trying it out on select customers domains and its really nice since it lets you use opcache on the parent process instead of fcgid which has one opcache per process.. and you can configure it to run "forever", until you restart httpd or a specific amount of time which.

I hope CL weeds out the rest of the bugs (if there are any) and pushes it to production channel soon.

Comment

Ok. Thanks for the response David. Ive just switched about 100 websites over to it now.

Comment

To get the most of it remember to activate opcache or apc (depends on which version you
            e running, i prefer opcache on php5.5+)

You can enable it for all users PHP 5.5 and 5.6 on a cpanel server by running this:

Code:
            for user in $(awk {print $2} /etc/trueuserdomains|sort);do for version in 5.5 5.6;do selectorctl --enable-user-extensions=opcache --user=$user --version=$version;done; done

Comment

Thanks again. We are running a mix of PHP 5.3 (PHP Selector), PHP 5.4 (Native), and PHP 5.5 (PHP Selector). APC is enabled for most websites as far as I can see from within the WHM -> CloudLinux LVE Manager -> Selector -> Default Modules

Comment

Cool
                Oh yeah one thing - if your users have been using .user.ini files for their own php options (available since php 5.3) - those options now need to be properly formatted and put in .htaccess since its no longer running as cgi/fcgi but as an apache module (mod_lsapi). So its just like old times with mod_php and using php_flag / php_value.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                X