Enabling mysql governor causes various problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enabling mysql governor causes various problems

On a CloudLinux cPanel server with the latest versions of everything installed, Ive been running MariaDB 10 with no problems other than the fact that the governor wouldnt work.

When I saw there was an update for it, I installed the newest version last night. It has caused a couple of problems:

1) My servers keep sending me service failure messages "The service “mysql” appears to be down." with the explanation "The system’s command to check or to restart this service failed.

But mysql *is* running fnioe, and is not dying or restarting.

2) Only the native PHP works with MySQL. If a client selects any other version of mysql with the selector, it fails to load mysql and mysqli support, even though these *are* enabled in the options for each version. PHP itself works, but phpinfo() shows that mysql support is not being loaded.

Any ideas? Im removing the governor on one server to see if that restores things.

Followup: disabling and removing mysql governor does NOT fix this. At the moment, anything other than the native PHP is broken for mysql support.

Comment

Tried doing an "upgrade" in WHM of MariaDB and got a lot of errors like this one, in case it offers any clues:

file /etc/my.cnf from install of MariaDB-common-10.0.16-1.el6.x86_64 conflicts with file from package cl-MariaDB100-libs-10.0.15-14.el6.cloudlinux.x86_64

Comment

Hello Mark,

About 1 (service failure messages) - we know about this issue and most probably will be fixed in future. Actually the reason is that mariadb creates default .pid file in own directory /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid while cpanel looks for it in /var/lib/mysql/servername.pid

About 2nd issue - really not sure, but try following steps to identify the core;

su -l username
        php -n -d "extension=mysql.so" -m

And show us any errors you will get. Overall I believe creating trouble ticket will cause issue resolved faster then here.

Comment

I get this:

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/mysql.so - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/mysql.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

Comment

Ive opened a ticket.

Comment

For anyone whos interested, I found that the mysql governor installation process created invalid soft links to mysql.so, mysqli.so, and pdo_mysql.so in each of the alt-php installs. Running these commands fixes it:

$ cd /opt/alt
              $ for i in php5*; do rm -f /opt/alt/$i/usr/lib64/php/modules/{mysql,mysqli,pdo_mysql}.so; ln -s /opt/alt/$i/etc/mariadb10/{mysql,mysqli,pdo_mysql}.so /opt/alt/$i/usr/lib64/php/modules; done

I suspect this is only a problem if youre using MariaDB

Comment

And to get rid of the annoying emails saying mysql has failed, creating this softlink seems to do the trick:

$ ln -s /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid /var/lib/mysql/`hostname`.pid

Comment

Mark, thanks for updating this thread.

The issue with .pid file in MariaDB fill be fixed in one of the next releases, actually it will ready where it should be placed parsing /etc/my.cnf file.

Comment

Working...
                  X