Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reliable Web Hosts that offer us to choose between various hardened php 5x versions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reliable Web Hosts that offer us to choose between various hardened php 5x versions

Recently I came to know about CloudLinux from a discussion thread and thought of trying CloudLinux at least experimentally.

However, - none of these sites at https://www.cloudlinux.com/partners/ seem to provide the "hardened php" that CloudLinux describes: "Several highly popular versions of PHP, used in nearly 85% of all PHP sites, are unsupported by the PHP.net community. HardenedPHP secures old and unsupported versions of PHP – 4.4.9, 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, 5.5, 5.6, 7.0, 7.1, 7.2."

Some do have php 5.6 but they can not tell if its the hardened version or not and apparently none has all of these php 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, 5.5, 5.6 in a "hardened" way as in CloudLinux

Those web-hosts who do have CloudLinux mostly has LSAPI as a PHP selector BUT NOT the php selector of CloudLinux or let me choose between the various versions of "hardened php"
    For example, in the Cpanel demo of these sites or FEATURE/PRICE list do not have any mention of hardened php - BTW is there any way to know from phpinfo() if its a hardened php 5x version? Any screenshot of how the CloudLinux php selector looks (if there is one such)?

Mostly sites at https://www.cloudlinux.com/partners/ land up in general web-hosting pages but NOT pages that provide Cloudlinux and "hardened php" offerings/demo/screenshots - a list of partner sites that offer "hardened php" versions, for example all php 5 versions, with explicit mentioning about those as well as the Selector (with a Demo or Screenshot) will enable us to opt for such web-hosts instantly

So basically the bulletpoints are

- is there an easy way to choose between "hardened" php versions as in Cpanel hosts via a (control/admin) panel selector? Any screenshot link? Cloudlinux site seem to have none such.
    - how do I know it is hardened php indeed, for example any specific word or key word in phpinfo() (any screenshot link?)
    - long-time reliable webhosts that offer the above?

If any of the learned and respected members here have any list or clue about a reliable host that does offer to choose between versions of hardened php VIA a managed (control) panel, I will be thankful.

I'd like to know the same thing. My current Cloudlinux provider is telling me that Cloudlinux 8.x does not support PHP 5.3.

I'm using the Cloudlinux ALT PHP 5.3 on Cloudlinux 6 on my current server but need to move to a Cloudlnux 8 server in order to get the latest PHP versions. But I will still need (hardened) PHP 5.3 for one old legacy site.

Comment

Unfortunately, there is no way to select the partners with a HardenedPHP from that page at cloudlinux.com . The best option is to contact the hoster (a few of them) and ask directly.

What I may assure you is that PHP 5.3 is supported with the CloudLinux 8, here is a screenshot from a test server. And you have to pay attention to the following section in phpinfo which should lead to the /opt/alt/php53 if it is a hardened version.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bogdan.sh View Post
        Unfortunately, there is no way to select the partners with a HardenedPHP from that page at cloudlinux.com . The best option is to contact the hoster (a few of them) and ask directly.

What I may assure you is that PHP 5.3 is supported with the CloudLinux 8, here is a screenshot from a test server. And you have to pay attention to the following section in phpinfo which should lead to the /opt/alt/php53 if it is a hardened version.
        Thank you, I don't know why the dedicated server provider was having such a hard time understanding that PHP 5.3 was supported by Cloudinux 8.

I had trouble finding a clear answer on the Cloudlinux website so I opened a ticket directly with Cloudlinux and they provided these links.

https://changelog.cloudlinux.com/alt-php53

Might help someone else with the same question.

Comment

Working...
        X