Updating wordpress and PHP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating wordpress and PHP

I am having an issue updating Wordpress, Jackpac and PHP? In order to update to Wordpress 5.3.2 I need to update PHP from 5.4.24 to 5.6.20.:

Statement on program: You cannot update because WordPress 5.3.2 requires PHP version 5.6.20 or higher. You are running version 5.4.45.

same for Jetpac, under jetpack I select: learn more about updating PHP, it tells me:
    Good news - CloudLinux already took care about the PHP version of your website.

I still cannot update wordpress to the latest version with the hardened PHP.

I cannot afford to delete my site and start over, what am I suppose to to?

I also cannot update Jetpack as it needs the updated PHP, apparently the Hardened PDhp update by Cloudlink does not allow updating ??

Jetpack requires a more recent version of PHP and has been paused. Please update PHP to continue enjoying Jetpack. Learn more about updating PHP (opens in a new tab)

This is one hell of a position to put an end user, I am from what I see caught in a catch 22 no choice but to stay where I am and never get updates again!

Hello John,
    Thank you for reaching out!
    Can you clarify what conclusion shows the phpinfo() please?

Comment

i am legit facing the same problem ! What can be done?

Comment

> i am legit facing the same problem ! What can be done?

Hello Victor,
        Thank you for reaching out!
        Can you clarify what conclusion shows the phpinfo() please?

Comment

Where do i go to find that?
          Is that a plugin i need to knwo

Comment

Hello Victor,
            That is a PHP function. You need to place this code in a file inside the docroot of this website and make it accessible:

Code:
            <?php

phpinfo();

?>

Comment

okay i just did that then what ?

Comment

I see you information you are responding to Victor, I have no Idea where I should place this

:<?php
                phpinfo();
                ?>

What do I have to open to insert this ? I am a end user, not a programmer, I can insert into code but have to know where I access it first.

Comment

Hello John and Victor,
                  To resolve this issue, could you contact your hosting provider for the consultation. They usually have access to your hosting accounts and they will be able to do this in each specific account and help you asap. Thank you.

Comment

Contact your host or you can update it yourself login in to cpanel thereafter search for PHP configuration and update it manually.

Comment

Hi, maybe this can a problem of your wp version?? or alternative, reinstall manual the files of wp-admin and includes, this updates your wordpress version

Comment

Working...
                      X