Need mysqli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need mysqli

I have CloudLinux 7.9 running on Centos. WHM/Cpanel is also loaded and working. Installing mysqli should be easy according to all the Google search results... but as per usual, I am at a brick wall.

So I have 5.5 / 5.6 PHP loaded and in WHM I go to Software/Apache4 then click on Customize in the "Currently Installed" box. I then click PHP Extensions and it shows the list of whats available and I need mysqli for PHP5.6.

Any number of sites say to install the php56-php-mysqlnd and that is done, showing 5.6.40-19.el7.cloudlinux.2.

php -m |grep mysql shows nothing.

When I try to access a user web page I get "Error: Failed to start application: The MySQLi extension for PHP is not installed or enabled"

Clearly its not installed/loaded/ running, but I am stuck :-(

Help appreciated,

Regards,
    Owen

Howdy Owen,

Youre searching is correct. Youre missing a php-mysql package, but it likely has a prefix like ea- or alt- on it too.

[root@bumblebee ~]# rpm -qa |grep php|grep mysql

ea-php74-php-mysqlnd-7.4.26-1.el8.cloudlinux.x86_64

ea-php80-php-mysqlnd-8.0.13-1.el8.cloudlinux.x86_64

alt-php-internal-mysqlnd-7.4.22-2.el8.x86_64

ea-php73-php-mysqlnd-7.3.33-1.el8.cloudlinux.x86_64

These are some example packages from my own system. I bet you need the ea-php56-php-mysqlnd package that you can install using this command.

yum -y install ea-php56-php-mysqlnd

I would go ahead and restart httpd and php-fpm for good measure.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Eric,

I run the ea-php56, but it says it is already installed and the latest version.
      The output of the command seems to show lots of packages installed....

PLEASE... any further ideas!

Comment

Working...
      X