Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed to update kernel

Hey everyone,

I have a CloudLinux 7 server and I'm trying to update my kernel package to the latest patch available for CloudLinux 7: kernel-3.10.0-962.3.2.lve1.5.85.el7.x86_64
    I'm having the following issue:

Error: Package: 1:kernel-3.10.0-962.3.2.lve1.5.85.el7.x86_64 (cloudlinux-updates-testing)
    Requires: initscripts >= 9.49.53-2.el7_9.cloudlinux.3
    Installed: initscripts-9.49.53-1.el7.x86_64 (@anaconda/7.9)
    initscripts = 9.49.53-1.el7​

So the problem is I'm missing the latest `initscripts` package which is a dependency.
    I tried searching a newer `initcripts` and couldn't find in any repo 😢

Any help would be much appreciated
    Thank you!

Hello,

I suppose you have to update the cloudlinux-release package, maybe to run the update command multiple times, please do this:

Code:
    yum update cloudlinux-release

Comment

Thank you for the quick response!
      I've already ran this command, and still no results..

Comment

Was it successful? Could you please run it again, and then the kernel update command and all the messages from yum?

Comment

Code:
          [root@localhost ~]# yum install kernel
          Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, langpacks
          Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
          Resolving Dependencies
          --> Running transaction check
          ---> Package kernel.x86_64 1:3.10.0-962.3.2.lve1.5.85.el7 will be installed
          --> Processing Dependency: tuned-profiles-cloudlinux >= 0.1-11 for package: 1:kernel-3.10.0-962.3.2.lve1.5.85.el7.x86_64
          --> Processing Dependency: initscripts >= 9.49.53-2.el7_9.cloudlinux.3 for package: 1:kernel-3.10.0-962.3.2.lve1.5.85.el7.x86_64
          --> Running transaction check
          ---> Package kernel.x86_64 1:3.10.0-962.3.2.lve1.5.85.el7 will be installed
          --> Processing Dependency: initscripts >= 9.49.53-2.el7_9.cloudlinux.3 for package: 1:kernel-3.10.0-962.3.2.lve1.5.85.el7.x86_64
          ---> Package tuned-profiles-cloudlinux.noarch 0:0.1-9.el7 will be updated
          ---> Package tuned-profiles-cloudlinux.noarch 0:0.1-13.el7 will be an update
          --> Finished Dependency Resolution
          Error: Package: 1:kernel-3.10.0-962.3.2.lve1.5.85.el7.x86_64 (cloudlinux-updates-testing)
          Requires: initscripts >= 9.49.53-2.el7_9.cloudlinux.3
          Installed: initscripts-9.49.53-1.el7.x86_64 (@anaconda/7.9)
          initscripts = 9.49.53-1.el7
          You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
          You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
          [root@localhost ~]# yum install initscripts
          Package initscripts-9.49.53-1.el7.x86_64 already installed and latest version
          Nothing to do​

Comment

Please show the output of:

Code:
            rpm -qa | cloudlinux-release

Comment

I believe you meant with grep 😉
              Code:
              [root@localhost ~]# rpm -qa | grep cloudlinux-release
              cloudlinux-release-7.9-1.el7.x86_64​

As I wrote in the first post:
              So the problem is I'm missing the latest `initscripts` package which is a dependency.
              I tried searching a newer `initcripts` and couldn't find in any repo 😢​
              I was manueally searching all of https://repo.cloudlinux.com/cloudlinux/ for a newer initscripts​ and I couldn't find a newer version

Comment

Ah right, thanks for correction about grep.

I still consider the outdated cloudlinux-release is the core of the issue since it has to be cloudlinux-release-7.9-2.3

Code:
                # yum --showduplicates list cloudlinux-release
                Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, rhnplugin, universal-hooks
                This system is receiving updates from CLN.
                * cpanel-addons-production-feed: 185.157.208.252
                * cpanel-plugins: 185.157.208.252
                * cloudlinux-x86_64-server-7: cloudlinux.ams.mirrors.k.io
                Installed Packages
                cloudlinux-release.x86_64 7.9-2.3.el7 @cloudlinux-updates
                Available Packages
                cloudlinux-release.x86_64 7.8-1.el7 cloudlinux-7
                cloudlinux-release.x86_64 7.8-1.el7 cloudlinux-x86_64-server-7
                cloudlinux-release.x86_64 7.9-1.el7 cloudlinux-7
                cloudlinux-release.x86_64 7.9-1.el7 cloudlinux-base
                cloudlinux-release.x86_64 7.9-1.el7 cloudlinux-x86_64-server-7
                cloudlinux-release.x86_64 7.9-2.el7 cloudlinux-7
                cloudlinux-release.x86_64 7.9-2.el7 cloudlinux-updates
                cloudlinux-release.x86_64 7.9-2.el7 cloudlinux-x86_64-server-7
                cloudlinux-release.x86_64 7.9-2.1.el7 cloudlinux-7
                cloudlinux-release.x86_64 7.9-2.1.el7 cloudlinux-updates
                cloudlinux-release.x86_64 7.9-2.1.el7 cloudlinux-x86_64-server-7
                cloudlinux-release.x86_64 7.9-2.2.el7 cloudlinux-7
                cloudlinux-release.x86_64 7.9-2.2.el7 cloudlinux-updates
                cloudlinux-release.x86_64 7.9-2.2.el7 cloudlinux-x86_64-server-7
                cloudlinux-release.x86_64 7.9-2.3.el7 cloudlinux-7
                cloudlinux-release.x86_64 7.9-2.3.el7 cloudlinux-updates
                cloudlinux-release.x86_64 7.9-2.3.el7 cloudlinux-x86_64-server-7

Please do the following and show the output:

Code:
                yum clean all
                yum update cloudlinux-release

Comment

Code:
                  [root@localhost ~]# yum clean all
                  m update cloudlinux-releaseLoaded plugins: fastestmirror, langpacks
                  Cleaning repos: cloudlinux-base cloudlinux-imunify360 cloudlinux-updates cloudlinux-updates-testing
                  Cleaning up list of fastest mirrors
                  Other repos take up 864 k of disk space (use --verbose for details)
                  [root@localhost ~]# yum update cloudlinux-release
                  Determining fastest mirrors
                  cloudlinux-base                                                                                                                                                                           | 3.8 kB  00:00:00
                  cloudlinux-imunify360                                                                                                                                                                     | 3.0 kB  00:00:00
                  cloudlinux-updates                                                                                                                                                                        | 3.8 kB  00:00:00
                  cloudlinux-updates-testing                                                                                                                                                                | 3.8 kB  00:00:00
                  (1/7): cloudlinux-base/7/x86_64/group_gz                                                                                                                                                  | 141 kB  00:00:02
                  (2/7): cloudlinux-updates/7/x86_64/group_gz                                                                                                                                               | 141 kB  00:00:02
                  (3/7): cloudlinux-updates-testing/7/x86_64/group_gz                                                                                                                                       |  530 B  00:00:00
                  (4/7): cloudlinux-imunify360/7/x86_64/primary_db                                                                                                                                          | 1.6 MB  00:00:04
                  (5/7): cloudlinux-base/7/x86_64/primary_db                                                                                                                                                | 1.7 MB  00:00:05
                  (6/7): cloudlinux-updates/7/x86_64/primary_db                                                                                                                                             | 1.7 MB  00:00:05
                  (7/7): cloudlinux-updates-testing/7/x86_64/primary_db                                                                                                                                     | 3.4 MB  00:00:03
                  No packages marked for update​

Comment

That's strange, okay, what is in excludes?

Code:
                    grep -i exclude /etc/yum.conf

Comment

nothing. here is the full yum.conf:

Code:
                      [root@localhost ~]# cat /etc/yum.conf
                      [main]
                      cachedir=/var/cache/yum/$basearch/$releasever
                      keepcache=0
                      debuglevel=2
                      logfile=/var/log/yum.log
                      exactarch=1
                      obsoletes=1
                      gpgcheck=1
                      plugins=1
                      installonly_limit=3

#  This is the default, if you make this bigger yum won't see if the metadata
                      # is newer on the remote and so you'll "gain" the bandwidth of not having to
                      # download the new metadata and "pay" for it by yum not having correct
                      # information.
                      #  It is esp. important, to have correct metadata, for distributions like
                      # Fedora which don't keep old packages around. If you don't like this checking
                      # interupting your command line usage, it's much better to have something
                      # manually check the metadata once an hour (yum-updatesd will do this).
                      # metadata_expire=90m

# PUT YOUR REPOS HERE OR IN separate files named file.repo
                      # in /etc/yum.repos.d​

Comment

I am out of ideas, seems there is no other option but create a support ticket so our team can check it in place. Could you please do this? https://cloudlinux.zendesk.com/hc/en...new?product=cl

Comment

Working...
                        X