X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing OpenVPN on Cloudlinux OS VPS server

Hi

I'm contemplating installing OpenVPN Access Server on my Cloudlinux VPS server, it's a necessity that has risen for our business, but before I do install it (to be certain that I'm not going to break anything), I have looked over the OpenVPN server docs page:
    Supported operating systems, suggested hardware, and example scenarios for OpenVPN Access Server.

and as you can see on that page it shows that CentOS 7 is supported.

As CloudLinux is based on CentOS, is it safe or simply okay for me to install OpenVPN server on CL OS?

So just to clarify, my question is really aabout whether OpenVPN Access Server works on CloudLinux (perhaps one of you has already tested this vpn server on CL OS)?
    Is it ok to proceed or is it a big no no...?

Many thanks in advance

dujean

• Answer selected by bogdan.sh at 03-20-2024, 08:11 AM.

Hello,

You are right that CloiudLinux is based on CentOS and as a result the system requirements are met. Everything should be fine with the OpenVPN on CloudLinux. The same guides should be fully applicable for CloudLinux. I believe we never tried on our own since there were no needs for this.

Let us know how it goes.

Comment

Hello,

You are right that CloiudLinux is based on CentOS and as a result the system requirements are met. Everything should be fine with the OpenVPN on CloudLinux. The same guides should be fully applicable for CloudLinux. I believe we never tried on our own since there were no needs for this.

Let us know how it goes.

Comment

Hi Bogdan

Thank you for your reply.
        Excellent! Based on this then, we have now scheduled to install and have a play with it throughout next week, I will certainly come back and share my results here thereafter. Perhaps it will help someone else in the future...

Thanks again, will keep you posted in the course of next week sometimes...

Until then!

Comment

Working...
        X