Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After 2.6.32-673.26.1.lve1.4.25 kernel update, LFD error and unable to make inbound connections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After 2.6.32-673.26.1.lve1.4.25 kernel update, LFD error and unable to make inbound connections

Yum update applied todays updated Cloudlinux6 2.6.32-673.26.1.lve1.4.25 kernel on a KVM VPS tonight - did not see any errors reported by yum but was unable to access server after reboot.

Via console, I see CSF firewall failed after reboot with:
    Error: Faststart: (Packet Filter IVv4) [] [iptables-restore v1.4.7: iptables-restore: unable to initialize table filter]

Any ideas?

Removing the csf.error and running csf -f and csf -r has restored access ... have never had this happen after a kernel update though and am curious what went wrong. A bit tentative to reboot now

Comment

Hello,

We suppose you are using xtables-addons , however that module was not updated together with a kernel.

Please try updating (installing for right version) it and reboot:

Code:
      yum install kmod-xtables-addons-2.6.32-673.26.1.lve1.4.25.el6.x86_64
      Let us know how it goes.

Comment

But, do you have kmod-xtables-addons package installed? If so please compare it versions to installed kernel versions, like:
        kernel-2.6.32-673.26.1.lve1.4.25
        kmod-xtables-addons-2.6.32-673.26.1.lve1.4.25

Comment

Ran yum install kmod-xtables-addons-2.6.32-673.26.1.lve1.4.25.el6.x86_64 and now rebooted fine this time.
          (I never manually installed or configured kmod-xtables-addons... installed this KVM VPS as centos6 minimal and then installed cpanel/whm and cloudlinux on it a month ago and so far havent had any problems with previous kernel update reboots.)

Not sure if I missed something about the KVM VPS or if it was one of those unlucky events (host had node issue so console access was down tonight for first time since Ive been with them, so it was a long night!)

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X