Shell access is not working in cagefs+cpanel server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Irina,

I have a standard Plesk setup. I setup a standard Linux user (useradd user).

I will try changing the home directory to the Plesk directory structure.

Comment

"OK I removed and recreated the user blacksheep with home directory /var/www/vhosts/blacksheep, removed "^/home/[^/]+" from /etc/cagefs/cagefs.base.home.dirs and then ran "cagefsctl --remount-all".

Still can "su -"

Comment

I believe it will be better to create a ticket in https://helpdesk.cloudlinux.com/ with access to this server. Really have no ideas why it could happening when you create user with right home location.

Comment

Manually added the user to the "wheel" group (as cPanel allows this to be done) and things are now working as needed.

Im hoping it should be secure enough. As far as I can see there still isn much they can really do on the system, but if anyone has had more experience with what a wheel user has access to, please let me know.

Comment

You should not add it to wheel group, we would really like to dig to the core of this issue but need to access your server. Strongly recommend you creating ticket with us.

Comment

Have now created a support ticket: #DAD-662-90423

Comment

Hello,

Sorry for misinformation, just realized you are talking about using su from CageFS inside, so yes you have to add that user to wheel group.

However be careful and do not restart any services after becoming root as they will be running inside users LVE .

Comment

Working...
                X