Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High availability setup, possible when running cagefs ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High availability setup, possible when running cagefs ?

Hello,

We are looking into finding a way to provide a high availabilty setup to our shared hosting customers running on 2+ servers with load balancing IPs.

DNS => we use cPanals DNS Cluster

MySQL => we would install a seperate high availibity cluster.

E-mail => we would either queue e-mail on a secondary mx server or set up a high availability e-mail solution using a high availaility nas plus an e-mail cluster, maybe even run dovecot + exim on the other server with rync to copy their configs over and a cron to restart them like with Apache

Users files => we would install a high availability NAS for user directories

Apache / Litespeed config => Im thinking about just adding an rsync deamon or someting to sync the httpd config files and relaod the weserver every 5 minutes on the backup serveur with a simple cron job.

In case of an outage, our system would detect that the server is down and simply move the IP to the other server and then bring it back when the server comes back up.

When a server is down, its not important to us if services like FTP and cPanel arent available

On a server without CageFS and PHP Selector this seems quite simple… Any idea how this could be done with CageFS and PHPSelector on both servers ?

Thanks !

You concept for HA is on a wrong level thats too complex and dozen things can go wrong

It will be simple to virtualize your environment... do a shared storage between the servers with DRBD or Gluster FS... With quality hardware and native support for gluster in kvm for overhead will be under 10%. And you only one license for VM

Open Sorce

There are even videos on youtube how to configure that

Comment

Hello,

Thanks Ill look into that.

At the moment I was more looking into adding HA to existing server but I guess you are right I should use full virualisation.

I heard that proxmox wasn that stable but Im going to give it another look to see if something like this could be easily done.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X