Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it necessary to install PHP Selector?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it necessary to install PHP Selector?

Hello,
    I have configured a new server (CL7, EA4), I installed all components of cloudLinux except PHP Selector, I have not seen the need to install it since the installed PHP versions are those of Cloudlinux ea-php, and are therefore patched) and especially not having a duplication of functionality that can disrupt the clients (multi PHP / PHP Selector).
    So far everything works fine except that by reading your review (in the blog: https://www.cloudlinux.com/cloudlinu...w-out-with-the -old-in-with-the-new), Richards remark, lets me think that CageFS has no effect (if PHP Selector is not installed):

> They seem to be making choices based on what is possible without CageFS but do not currently make any use of CageFS.

Can you please confirm me that CageFS has no use without PHP Selector?

Hi,

I can confirm that you can use cPanels multiPHP Manager without our selector and without our CageFS. It is not required. However CageFS is not just a need for our selector, it brings security to your server once activating. It provides separate filesystem for each user, separating them so they even do not know how much/who else is hosted on same server. And, it provide only safe binaries to them.

We do recommend enabling CageFS on a server.

Comment

> We do recommend enabling CageFS on a server.

Can CageFS work in tandem with EA-php (MultiPHP), or it works exclusively with ALT-php (PHP Selector)?

Comment

Hello,

CageFS works with EA-PHP as well.

Comment

> CageFS works with EA-PHP as well. Yeah, but unfortunately not with FPM. Any plans to develop this? It would be a Godsend.

Comment

Hello,

No, we do not have plans for supporting PHP-FPM, as mod_lsapi is doing a pretty good job.

Comment

Working...
            X