Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plesk Lets Encrypt: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Hi!

Im working with CL 7.3 and Plesk Onyx 17.0.17. But the Lets Encrypt add-on is not working properly with CageFS:

Code:
    Starting new HTTPS connection (1): 127.0.0.1

Waiting for verification...

Cleaning up challenges

Generating key (2048 bits): /usr/local/psa/var/modules/letsencrypt/etc/keys/0001_key-certbot.pem

Creating CSR: /usr/local/psa/var/modules/letsencrypt/etc/csr/0001_csr-certbot.pem

Non-standard path(s), might not work with crontab installed by your operating system package manager

An unexpected error occurred:

OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
    This "problem"/misconfiguration is known and Plesk offers an answer to this: https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/a...e-or-directory

So I added fs.protected_symlinks_allow_gid = id_of_group_linksafe to /etc/sysctl.conf and applied the changes by sysctl -p, but this leads to:

Code:
    fs.protected_symlinks_create = 1

fs.protected_hardlinks_create = 1

fs.protected_symlinks_allow_gid = 986

fs.protected_hardlinks_allow_gid = 986

fs.proc_super_gid = 1000

sysctl: setting key "fs.protected_symlinks_allow_gid": Invalid argument

fs.protected_symlinks_allow_gid = id_of_group_linksafe

fs.proc_can_see_other_uid = 0
    According to this its still not possible to use Lets Encrypt. Any ideas how to get it running? And no, I wont disable the symlink protection, that was the only solution provided by google ;-)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi,

You should add real group ID to fs.protected_symlinks_allow_gid , get it with:

Code:
    # getent group linksafe
    > linksafe:x:984:mailman

You will get different ID, most probably 986. Then modify /etc/sysctl.conf :

Code:
    fs.protected_symlinks_allow_gid = 984
    And apply changes with sysctl -p .

Now, about the error No such file or directory - first thing to check is if user from CageFS inside see that directory, check it with:

Code:
    su -l username -s /bin/bash

ls -la /usr/local/psa/var/modules/letsencrypt/
    Most probably it should be add into CageFS. I am not really sure if that will be enough, if errors continues please create support ticket with us.

I totally agree with you that disabling protection is a bad idea. Definitely there should be right way to make it working.

Comment

Just to update this thread, we were able to identify the problem. To fix it for sure please add psaadm user to linksafe group:

Code:
      usermod -a -G linksafe psaadm
      Bugreport has been created, this will be managed automatically with future cloudlinux-linksafe package updates.

Comment

I had the same problem, but adding to linksafe did not help: fs.protected_hardlinks = 1 fs.protected_hardlinks_allow_gid = 987 fs.protected_hardlinks_create = 1 fs.protected_symlinks = 1 fs.protected_symlinks_allow_gid = 987 fs.protected_symlinks_create = 1 # getent group linksafe linksafe:x:987saadm It helped only to disable protected_symlinks & hardlinks # uname -a Linux 3.10.0-427.10.1.lve1.4.7.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Sat Apr 2 12:09:46 EDT 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Comment

I have tested this solution personally and I am sure it works We would like to review your setup, please create support ticket. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X