Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WordPress does not work inside CageFS

WordPress CageFS

I recently migrated a WordPress site to a new CL server and after doing so the page would just come up blank. I tried switching from the default php to one of the selector versions and it also had issues. There were no warning in the error_log. If I disabled the user from cagefs, then the site would work.

I am just curious, what could cause this issue? I would like to get it working inside the cagefs.
    Thanks,
    Eric

Comment

Hi Eric. We have hundreds of WP sites hosted under CageFS. Clearly you have something misconfigured, but I dont know what to tell you to look for (ours worked out of the box)

- Scott

Comment

Eric, we do not know what is the reason, but like Scott said it works for most wordpress installations.
        Is it cPanel server?
        Did you looked in general apache error_log and in personal domains error_log?
        Please try to put there simple phpinfo() page and open it.
        Try to set WP_DEBUG true maybe it will show some errors, like described here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

Comment

The new system is a cPanel server running CL. I am not seeing any errors in the system or account error_logs. The funny thing is I have transferred 2 other WP web sites and one is working and the other is not. The only thing difference between the two is the non-working one is from a Plesk server and the other is from a cPanel server. The first site I posted about not working is also a domain from a Plesk server.

Could the issue be something with how Plesk setups up the databases or something else that would cause it not to work in cagefs?

Best regards,
          Eric

Comment

Check for a php.ini file that may have come over and rename it to php.save temporarily, if there is one.

Comment

Neither site has a local php.ini. I pulled over another couple WP sites from a cPanel server and they run like a charm... This is wierd...

Perhaps the cPanel transfer tool does something different when pulling from a Plesk server? A site from Plesk server should not be different basically it is just copying files and databases. I know Plesk doesn name its database username_database but other than that content should be the same...

Eric

Comment

Look in the root directory (i.e. the directory ABOVE public_html) for either a php.ini or an .htaccess file.

Comment

There is no php.ini from the /home/username directory down. There is a .htaccess but it is just the typical rewirting for permalinks.

Code:
                  # BEGIN WordPress

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /wp/

RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d

RewriteRule . /wp/index.php [L]

</IfModule>

# END WordPress
                  Eric

Comment

Did you tried setting WP_DEBUG ? I am sure we are missing something small here.

I would ask you to create a support ticket so we can check the issue in place.

Comment

Yes, I tried the WP_DEBUG and I got no output on the page. I am going to do some more experimenting to see if I can figure this out.

Eric

Comment

Another trick with white screen WP issues is to move everything out of the /wp-content/plugins directory and see if it fixes it... if it does move each plugin directory back into /wp-content/plugins/ until you find the one that is the culprit.

Comment

Scott,

I have never been able to track this down. Unfortunately, I now have a site that requires cagefs for part of the site but another part of the site is wordpress. The site comes up just blank. If I turn off cagefs, the wordpress site works like a charm. The WP_DEBUG shows nothing of importance.

Is there a way to turn off cagefs for just part of a web site like http://www.domain.com/wordpress ? Is there some place that I should look for cagefs errors? I am seeing no errors in /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log or just the error_log in the home directory.

Eric

Comment

There is no way to turn off CageFS just for a part of website. All CageFS errors are wrote to /var/log/messages file however in your case I am sure nothing there as the issue is not with CageFS as service.

You may try to trace issue down using strace tool however in most cases its quite complicated task. Definitely you have to create a ticket in our support system so we could help you.

Comment

Working...
                            X