Unknown Kernel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown Kernel

Hello everyone, i have a Problem with KernelCare ist seems to not know my Kernel so there are no Updates at the Moment, for me this is simply not Good. I get serveral E-Mails that say: [code type="markup"] Unknown Kernel (Ubuntu 4.4.0-042stab123.1) [/code] As you can see it is Ubuntu 16.04 but the 123.1 behind stab seems not legit. Any way, i want to get KernelCare back to work. Thank you Guys. PS: By the way i have googled and checked the Search.

Additionally information

Code:
    Kernel --doctor

ID: 85_214_204_142.d5ead01e-07a3-4646-a623-c5ed36bb2d5b
    Code:
    kcarectl --check

Unknown kernel (Ubuntu 4.4.0-042stab123.1), no patches available
    Code:
    kcarectl --update

Unknown Kernel (Ubuntu 4.4.0-042stab123.1)
    Greetings

Comment

Hi! Right now our support team work on this problem and try to identify this kernel. Could you please open a support ticket and we will contact you as soon as will get the first information.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Hello Kateryna Obiidykhata,

I am so sorry. I just figured out that my Server-Provider have there own kernels and i am not allowed to Change them im sorry.

So this Subject is closed.

Kind Regards
        Daniel

Comment

Hi, Daniel. Thanks for your clarification.

Comment

Hello, I am getting this alerts every 4 hours, i run a yum update but the problem still there:

[root@server~]# kcarectl --check
            Unknown kernel (CloudLinux 3.10.0-714.10.2.lve1.4.79.el7.x86_64), no patches available

Any idea that can help me out? no special kernels in my provider I think.

Comment

New kernels are usually added to the list of supported by KernelCare within a few days. This error will disappear since then, so no additional actions are required from your side.

Comment

Hopefully CloudLinux 7 kernel 3.10.0-714.10.2.lve1.4.79.el7.x86_64 can be added to KernelCare soon. Weve been flooded with unknown kernel emails, despite this kernel being in the stable branch for a while now.

Comment

Ive been having the same issue with CloudLinux 3.10.0-714.10.2.lve1.5.9.el7.x86_64 for several days now.

Comment

We are still seeing this issue after two weeks, a response from CL would be very useful.

Comment

ETA for 3.10.0-714.10.2.lve1.4.79.el7.x86_64 support by KernelCare is by the end of this week

Comment

CL7 kernel-3.10.0-714.10.2.lve1.5.9.el7 is already supported

Comment

> CL7 kernel-3.10.0-714.10.2.lve1.5.9.el7 is already supported

So why am I still getting the error?

Comment

Ryan, could you try kcarectl --update once again and if the error persists, please submit a ticket at https://zendesk.cloudlinux.com (KernelCare department)

Comment

Working...
                            X