General presale questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General presale questions

In the next few months I need to migrate several servers with CentOS 7.9 and cPanel. I would prefer to move to AlmaLinux 9 but I can use AlmaLinux 8:
    Almalinux 8: PHP 7.2 or higher
    Almalinux 9: PHP 8.0 or higher

I need older versions of PHP and I am considering Imunify360. Are its features the same in both versions of AlmaLinux or is there something not available in AlmaLinux 9? I have seen for example:

AlmaLinux 8 with support of cPanel/WHM control panel.

It does not mention Almalinux 9, although I suppose it's difficult to keep the documentation up to date.

About HardenedPHP:
    1.-Do you offer the same old versions of PHP in AlmaLinux 8 and AlmaLinux 9?
    2.-What PHP versions at this time?
    3.-I assume that ea-php packages are used, not alt-php, so I can install unsupported PHP versions on the new servers and when moving accounts that use them they will work without changing anything

About Kernelcare, does it include symlink protection?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I spoke to our Imunify Email developers, who confirmed they plan to include the AlmaLinux 9 support. I have no exact ETA to share with you but according to devs, there is no much difference between Alma 8 & 9 so I think they can do it soon.

1. HardenedPHP offers the same old PHP version for all supported operating systems.
    2. The full list is here: https://www.cloudlinux.com/features/#hardened-php
    3. HardenedPHP serves the ALT-PHP packages.

As for KernelCare – yes, it includes the symlink protection. More at:

Comment

Thanks alevchenko.

Originally posted by alevchenko View Post
      PHP 4.4.9, 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, 5.5, 5.6, 7.0, 7.1, 7.2

I need 5.3 for a important client. I am testing Imunify360 on AlmaLinux 9 with cPanel, I have installed HardenedPHP and I only see PHP 5.6 and higher. Would be available PHP 5.3 using AlmaLinux 8?

About symlink protection, I have installed KernelCare from Imunify360 and when I try:

kcarectl --set-patch-type extra --update
      'extra' patch type is unavailable for your kernel

I could open a ticket if you prefer.

Comment

Working...
      X