Question on how Imunify360 works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on how Imunify360 works

I'm currently using the free version of ImunifyAV and got a message that there were malicious files. I noticed that most of the infected files were required scripts (like Jquery) that had been modified. For now, I just replaced the infected files and removed the script that I think may have caused the security problem.

That said, I'm interested in upgrading to Imunify360. However, I'm concerned about how it handles infected files. Does it just remove the entire file, or does it remove the offending code? I don't want a solution that only deletes the infected files if those files are required for the website to run properly.

Thanks for your help on this.

Hello fingerprn,

In general, the difference is, while the free version of ImunifyAV will require your attention to stop infection, Imunify360 will act as defined. Furthermore, Imunify360 in comparison to ImunifyAV has a few advantages, for example, not only it will make the cleaning process automated, yet it will also check the site's Data Bases, find and clear malicious injects from there too. Imunify360 will also include Proactive Defence and advanced heuristics to create automatic rules for the malware, combined with the Web Application Firewall, this solution aims at preventing infection from happening.

This being said, ImunifyAV and Imunify360 share the same scanner signatures, and whether the file will be trimmed or only the malicious parts cleaned, depends on the type of the found injects. It is expected that only the malicious parts are erased, as signatures are designed to accurately clean the infected parts only - leaving the site fully functional, otherwise, such a signature needs to be checked by our malware analysts. As such, we would appreciate you sharing such files with us.

Thank you for your interest in our products!
    Last edited by mchernyavsky; 09-26-2022, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Thank you for the explanation.

Comment

Working...
      X