Malware Detection Hook/Script Notifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malware Detection Hook/Script Notifications

Is there a way for i360 to run a script/hook upon malware detection so that the information can be acted on by staff? I cant find anything like this in the docs and it is very much needed for the malware detection to be of any use by larger organizations.

Unfortunately not - as of the current version it is set globally to either Remove/Quarantine by chmod 000/Log.
    What are the other actions/scenarios that are required for your systems that are missing now?

Comment

I just need to send a notice into our abuse system so that we can open a ticket with the customer. I think a script hook would work best, a "post-detection run script" sort of thing and it would then be made to send email or run another script or whatever. Itd need to be sent some arguments obviously such as user and path to the infected file.

Comment

Thank you for clarification - Ill send this to Imunify360 dev team so they can elaborate on it.

Comment

Update: we plan to add email reporting to Imunify360 (ETA is Q318) so that email will be sent for every scan action that will find some malware

Comment

Excellent thank you!

Comment

Did this ever make it into the product? I still need this very basic functionality and its still lacking it as far as I know.

Comment

Jonathan,

The current approach to the malware problem is a bit different - we have recently added malware cleanup to the product so non-admin users (customers) can now clean up their files w/o submitting tickets to their hosting provider.

Comment

Unfortunately that doesnt solve the problem at hand. Every other scanning system known to man includes a way for email alerts or post-detection hooks of some sort.

Please implement this very basic feature.

Comment

Hello,

Is there any update on hooks? Wed also like to integrate this to trigger a webhook which can notify customer of malware inside their account.

Comment

Any update on this feature? It is surprising that it wasnt built in from the beginning.

I have i360 4.3.10-3 installed on my servers but I cannot see a feature for email notifications when malware is detected or relevant hooks? Could you please tell me where to look?

Just to be clear what were looking for is email notifications for the internal hosting team, not emails to customers on a per-account basis.

Thanks for your time and help.

Comment

Hello Ashley,
                        Thank you for reaching out! This information may be helpful https://docs.imunify360.com/features...eir-parameters
                        If you have any other questions, feel free to ask here. Thank you for contacting us.

Comment

Working...
                        X