Blocking access to specific website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blocking access to specific website

I am wanting to know how to block access to a particular website on our servers using Imunify360. I cannot block access to the site using htaccess as this still allows traffic to access the site but gives a 403. How do we do this in imunify?

Thanks!!

Hello Leigh,
    Thank you for reaching out! To help you with this question we need a little bit more information. Could you please clarify why you need to do this? Thank you in advance.

Comment

Hi Sergey,

Thanks for coming back to me.

So we have certain banks that access figures on one of the accounts on our server. They have the entire website IP restricted to their IP addresses for security. Currently we have this setup using an htaccess file to deny any other IPs other than the ones the banks use. This has been flagged by the bank now as even through it does deny other users it still connects to the website to give them a 403 error. The banks want the firewall to cut the connection to anyone other than their IP addresses and have said we need to do this at a firewall level. I have had a look through Imunify360 which runs on the servers but cannot see a way to do this.

Leigh

Comment

Hello Leigh,
        Thanks for the clarifying information. Unfortunately, this will not work through Imunify, as an option you can take the domain to a separate IP and then block it for everyone except someone, only through IPTABLES or through .htaccess and this should work. Please let us know if you have any questions.
        Thanks in advance!

Comment

Working...
        X