Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cageFS with FTP Problems

Hello Community,

i have installed Cloudlinux with cPanel with the cagefs and PHP-Selector which works really well, but when i log in with an ftp Account i am not jailed in the specific home directory for this user i can see any file of my server. What can i do to resolve this problem?

Kind Regards from Germany

is there a way to jail a user in its own cagefs home directory?

Comment

Sven, after installing CageFS, it is disabled by default for all users. You have to enable it for certain users or for all uses. See http://docs.cloudlinux.com/index.htm...ing_users.html

- Scott

Comment

I have enabled cagefs for all users but in my opinion an customers will see its hole cagefs filesystem when he is loggin in via SFTP, it is no security problem but some users could get a little bit nervous when a hole filesystem appears.

Comment

Sven,

What exactly can they see? /etc/password? Did you check what is inside? No other users. Only system users. If user process doesnt have access to that --> it will not work properly.
          /lib & /usr/lib --> php & the rest of the scripts will not work if it is not accessible.

Same for the rest. All the sensitive files are not visible, no sensitive info is disclosed, but without full filesystem no programs on linux would run. They need those files.

Comment

Working...
          X