Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cPanel / CloudLinux questions about install later, limits and packages

Hi,

I am thinking about getting a 2GB VPS and then getting a cPanel license and maybe a CloudLinux license, but have some questions.

1. If I get ta 2 GB VPS and install CentOS 6.x and then get a cPanel license and set it all up, can I install CloudLinux at a later time?

2. Is it possible to use some of the CloudLinux features and limits but not all of them?

3. Is it possible to put CloudLinux on set cPanel/WHM packages?

4. Can I have different CloudLinux settings for different cPanel/WHM packages?

Regards,
    Garry

1. Yes - you can install CL whenever youre ready
    2. Yes, you can set whatever you dont want to limit to "unlimited"
    3. No - youre running a different OS so you cant exclude some packages from Cloudlinux. You can, however, remove accounts from cagefs, not have any limits for some packages etc
    4. Yes.

Comment

Hello,

Im not Cloudlinux support, just another user but I can answer your questions.

1. Its actually recommended to install CentOS + cPanel before converting to Cloudlinux.

2. You can disable any limits you want, we disable memory based and process based limits to not have issues with litespeed issues for example.

3. You can associate limits with packages, you don have to set limits to each individual account. In the LVEManager section of cPanel you can set default limits per package.
      4. Yes you can have different limits per package.

Comment

Working...
      X