Error trying to update...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error trying to update...

Trying to update Cloudlinux on a CentOS 6 server running cpanel.

When I perform yum -y update I continuously get the following error on all my servers...

> Error Downloading Packages:
    > kmod-lve-2.6.32-673.26.1.lve1.4.24.el6.x86_64-1.4-24.el6.x86_64: Error communicating with server. The message was:
    >
    > Error Message:
    > RHN Proxy could not successfully connect its RHN parent. Please contact your system administrator.
    > Error Class Code: 1000
    > Error Class Info: RHN Proxy error.
    > Explanation:
    > An error has occurred while processing your request. If this problem
    > persists please enter a bug report at bugzilla.redhat.com.
    > If you choose to submit the bug report, please be sure to include
    > details of what you were trying to do when this error occurred and
    > details on how to reproduce this problem.

Then after sometimes dozens of attempts, one will work. So far after three hours Ive got 4 servers updated but I have around 50 servers that need updates today.

log /var/log/up2date just repeats the above error message.

Contents of /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date is all set up exactly as it has always been with no changes. Server URL is

> serverURL=https://xmlrpc.cln.cloudlinux.com/XMLRPC

I cant see this being a problem with my resolvers - we have multiple fallback resolvers.

Is this just a case of the CloudLinux cln server being overloaded and refusing connections?

Might be a coincidence, but I found that using yum clean all before running the update again seemed to resolve this problem.

Comment

Hi,

We had some issues with one of our mirrors, this has been fixed already.

And.. yum clean all removes broken repository from a mirror list, so yes that started working for you.

Comment

Working...
      X