Rootkits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rootkits

I was wondering when you were going to prevent LVE from installing rootkits, so we can have safe SSH access for website owners.

First of all I want to point out that it is not enough to have it for shell / ssh users only.
    Anything that can be done via shell, can be done via CGI. There is NO difference what so ever. There is even implementations that let you have full shell access via browser, with command prompt and everything.
    To really protect the system the environment should work for CGI, shell & cron jobs.

The good news is that it is coming soon. More info will be available once HostingCon starts.

Comment

Now that hostingcon is over can you enlighten us on what and when we can see these enhancements?

Comment

SecureLVE http://www.cloudlinux.com/docs/securelve.php
        we did announce it a bit in advance.

Comment

looks nice, so this will prevent rootkits?

also are we going to have to add each individual user into securelve or can they be added automatically when an account is created in the control panel?

Comment

They are added automatically by control panel (hence we need to do some intergration, or we need control panel to support us).
            The rootkits will be prevented by us preventing new module loading at runtime, as part of the same equation. This takes it even farther, by virtualizing users filesystem, /proc & /dev.

Comment

Right on, I emailed to be part of the beta testing for Directadmin control panel... We use it for our web servers as well as for our shell account IRC and IRCd hosting, these features are really important for our IRC hosting customers.

Comment

Will definitely be interested in the cPanel integration.

Comment

Working...
                X