Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting Up LVEs

How to setup LVEs for hosting packages

I just upgraded my CentOS machine (VPS.net) to CloudLinux. I ran the centos2cl script. Then I ran the install-lve -a script . Im running cPanel/WHM. I also installed the WHM plugin.

This is probably a simple question, but Id like to know how I can configure set LVE limits for each hosting package I have setup. The WHM LVE Manager plugin has no values loaded, and only allows me to change the default settings. Im new to Cloud Linux and am used to doing most things within WHM. Is there documentation which would walk me through setting LVE limits for hosting packages?

Comment

Right now there is no way to apply different limits to different plans. The limits set by default in such a way that they should work for everyone. You might need to tune maxEntryProcs for some customers (when they get 503, but don use too much CPU/don cause any issues).

Also, is there are any traffic on the server? LVE manager should display current usage once you have live traffic to sites.

Comment

Thanks Igor. That makes sense.

There is only a little traffic to one domain on the server. We
        e probably pulling 40 page views per hour while we tweak the main site. Is that enough to show up? Right now, Im not seeing any stats. Also, strangely, the CloudLinux logo is missing. I listed everything I did in the first post. Did I possibly forget something?

Comment

Strange that the logo is not visible, I will have to check what might have caused that.

40 pages an hour -- the thing is that load has to happen at exactly that moment
          You can either use ab tool, like:

ab -c 3 -n 10000 URL_TO_PHP_PAGE

That will hit that page with 3 concurrent requets, and that HAS TO show up in LVE Manager

Or you can just try hitting reload/openning it up in multiple tabs in the browser while looking in LVE manager.

Comment

Interesting. I don know why, but I didn expect the results to be realtime. My business partner reloaded the homepage a few times in a row, and sure enough it showed up.

The missing logo is still a mystery. Other than that, the upgrade from CentOS was pretty simple. Thanks for your quick help, Igor.

Comment

Next version should have historical information as well. And hopefully it will fix the issue with the logo.
              Anyone else having the issue with the logo?

Comment

Working...
              X