Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MultiPHP and beta mod_lsapi changes

Hello,

As I see CL advances towards supporting native MultiPHP and a milestone I would say is new mod_lsapi - https://www.cloudlinux.com/cloudlinu...i-updated-1-23

Now, that this uses the GUI of MultiPHP and registers as a handler, I could also see the lsphp binaries are running from native /opt/cpanel/ea-php* directories. This means different lsphp for different php versions, which was not possible earlier.

Does this mean alt-php and PHP Selector dependencies are no more required for mod_lsapi?

ea-php shipped with CloudLinux is re-packaged alt-php -- it is built & shipped by CloudLinux.
    We are plugging in into cPanel more and more (as much it allows) so there are less & fewer differences -- yet we always try not to sacrifice the best of what we have (like patched old versions of PHP & mod_lsapi).
    You dont need alt-php, but in next version of cPanel you will be able to use alt-php (instead of ea-php), and the benefit it will bring is much wider selection of PHP modules.

Comment

Thank you Igor for clarifying that.

Comment

> You dont need alt-php, but in next version of cPanel you will be able to use alt-php (instead of ea-php), and the benefit it will bring is much wider selection of PHP modules.

Do you mean cPanel v66 or a different version?

Comment

I suppose not v66, but some future versions. The exact version was not specified yet.

Comment

Working...
          X