Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cloudlinux + cPanel/WHM a good fit in this scenario?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• egrechishkina
    replied
    Hello,
    I cannot really comment on the number of concurrent connections to these websites this server can endure. You should perform a propper stress test before moving it to production to make sure it can.
    As for the software-related part of the question, I think this combination (cPanel + CloudLinux) will suit you well. With CloudLinux you can configure PHP Selector for each user as well as install any PHP version that you need starting from PHP44 to the most recent one PHP74. PHP Selector will allow you to select a PHP version on a per-user basis as well as configure PHP modules for each user separately. You could use only cPanel, without CloudLinux, but their EA-PHP ships PHP versions PHP56+, no PHP52.

Leave a comment:

• Cloudlinux + cPanel/WHM a good fit in this scenario?

I have the following server setup:

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2620 v4 (16 physical cores)

RAM: 128GB DDR4

HD: 2 x 512GB SSD (Raid 1)

HD: 2 x 512GB SSD (Raid 1)
    Bandwidth: 1 Gbps upload port

I need to host the following websites:

Web 1: around 500 - 1500 concurrent users at any given time (very high DB read / write)

Web 2: around 100 - 200 concurrent users (high DB read / write) (high memory usage from PHP app) (requires PHP 5.2)

Web 3: around 30 - 50 concurrent users (medium DB read / write) (requires PHP 5.2)

Web 4: around 10 - 20 concurrent users (low DB read / write)

Web 5: around 5 - 10 concurrent users (very low DB read / write)

Im thinking of using Cloudlinux + cPanel/WHM.

Given the following variables, would I benefit if I use Cloudlinux? Im thinking of using Cloudlinux for their PHP selector and their hardened old PHP versions because some of the sites I have requires PHP 5.2 while the rest requires at minimum PHP 5.6.

cPanel/WHM so I could give access to Web 4 and Web 5 to someone who will manage it but is only familiar with cPanel.
Working...
X