imagick extension in PHP8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• imagick extension in PHP8

Can anybody say when the PHP8 imagick extension is likely to become available?

I understand imagick 3.5.0 PECL dropped on 17th June and was the first with PHP8 support - https://pecl.php.net/package/imagick

Thanks!

Bump 379490159019 - could somebody in the CloudLinux OS team provide an answer to this question?

Thanks!

Comment

Howdy Jack,

Thanks for waiting, I have opened ALTPHP-1188 with development, and I will monitor it for updates.

Thanks!

Comment

Hey Eric, thanks a bunch! :-)

Comment

Hey Eric, any word on ALTPHP-1188?

Comment

Howdy Jack,

Thanks for being so patient. I check every week, but it hasnt gotten on a sprint yet. I will see what I can do to get some attention on it.

Comment

Any news about this topic? My Hosting is based in Cloudlinux and keep telling me that imagick is not available. Thanks.

Comment

Howdy Luis,

Does it have to be PHP8 support? We have a few versions of PHP7 that already support imagick.

Thanks!

Comment

> Hello Eric,
                  >
                  > "Each version of PHP has a life cycle of 2 years during which bugs are fixed, and an additional year during which security issues are patched. PHP 7.4 came out in November 2019. As the final version of PHP 7, this means that bugs in PHP 7.4 will be fixed until November of 2021, and security issues will be patched until November of 2022, at which point it will reach its “End of Life”. This means that November 2022 can be considered a hard cutoff date: all PHP code should be compatible with PHP 8.0 at minimum by this time, or risk being stuck on a potentially vulnerable version of PHP."

Maybe not Eric, but its normal that we update WordPress and in general we update most of things for security and performance reasons, including cloudlinux.

I will keep a look at new updates at https://changelog.cloudlinux.com/alt-php8

Thanks!

Comment

I asked about it here and the answer was "its planned for October"

Comment

Not sure when it happened, but I just checked and Imagick has landed on CloudLinux...

Thanks to Eric and others for their contributions here, and to the Devs for gettin er dun!

Comment

Working...
                      X