CageFS and my.cnf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CageFS and my.cnf

After making a change to /etc/my.cnf on a cpanel server with CageFS would I need to rebuild cagefs so all accounts my.cnf files are updated. Reason I ask this is I am see things like this when running "locate my.cnf" on the server:[br][br]/var/cagefs/94/machfud/etc/my.cnf[br]/var/cagefs/94/siyacap1/etc/my.cnf[br]/var/cagefs/94/ulukhozi/etc/my.cnf[br]/var/cagefs/94/wwgczohg/etc/my.cnf[br]/var/cagefs/95/hqlxxtyg/etc/my.cnf[br]/var/cagefs/95/hwbjqyhr/etc/my.cnf[br][br]Seems to be that each account in cagefs has their own my.cnf file and the changes I made to /etc/my.cnf are not going to those my.cnf files? Are are the above just not used?[br][br]Just want some clarity on this please. Not a mysql guru
    Hostking | Since 2013 | Web Hosting | WordPress Web Hosting

After changing any file in /etc directory (including /etc/my.cnf) you should run:
    cagefsctl --update-etc

or
    cagefsct --update (takes longer)

Comment

That doesnt really answer the questions, though:

1. Seems to be that each account in cagefs has their own my.cnf file and the changes I made to /etc/my.cnf are not going to those my.cnf files? Are are the above just not used?

2. Are changes to main server /etc/my.cnf not live until CageFS is rebuilt?

Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Working...
      X